Monday, January 17, 2005

Sunday Night Squawk

Time: 10:42
Watching: Desperate Housewives

Yes indeed... this Sunday squawking is becoming a habit!

I've realized that I'm not a good blogger. I think I have something to say, but then it ends up sucking big time. I think it's because I know others will read it. It's like when someone suddenly turns the video camera on you and you sit there like a deer in the headlights.

I made kickass lentil soup tonight. It was so awesomely delicious, but now my gut hurts. I either ate too much or else something's a brewin' down there! Gotta be careful with those little legumes. They are small but their roar is mighty! (Kickass eh, hmmm, no pun intended!)


Anyways, it was a superb weekend! I went shopping with my pal Nancy and bought some PJ's half price! Yes, that makes a girl very happy:) And then as we chilled out with our coffees, we decided we should go for a beer (ahem, some beer). Sometimes these 'impromptu' evenings out can turn into complete debauchery... However last night was not one of those nights. Sorry, not good material for this entry. We did get quite drunk, not eating dinner before drinking can be a recipe for disaster. We were good though. The Billiard Club was not so exciting. No boys came and talked to us! It's not that we go out to meet boys, we had just chatted with each other all evening and were sick of it by then. Haha. And it's just fun to chat and goof around. We play well with others. Well, one guy chatted with us, one of the bartenders who I know from school. He's a really nice guy... It was funny because the last time we saw him we'd gone to the Billie for some "catch-up time" whereby I'd brought my journal along and was reading some of the entries to Nan. He came up to us and kept saying "we [him and the other bartender I guess] just want to read one entry, even just one paragraph... Please?" Haha. Truthfully, there's some good stories. But one paragraph isn't going to do it.

So back to last night... We decided what we needed a change of scene. What we really needed was the Dog (the Black Dog) so we headed over there and it wasn't until we were there quite a while that these guys came up to us and started chatting. It was the one guy's 23rd birthday so we chatted a while and even met their girlfriends and did shooters with all of them. Well, except the one guy was single. And when he found out that Nancy has a boyfriend, I ended up talking with him. I had a sneaking suspicion that he liked Nancy though, so I wasn't too impressed. And at the end of the night when he asked for my number, I said I'd rather take his. I wasn't sure I was interested in light of the fact that he was pretty fascinated with Nan. Besides, he's 26 and I'm trying to stay away from the young ones. It's not that you can base your judgment of someone by their age... but that's a long story for another time. Suffice it to say, I can't keep getting older and have my boyfriends stay the same age. I had quite a penchant for 22-24 year olds for a while there... And I have to quit! (Sorry D-dubya, I hope you're not reading this, but if you are I think you know that age has always been an issue with me. You're the youngest yet, though in many ways you are more mature than most guys I know!) D & I had met at the bar and yes, that night I had lied about my age, saying I was the same age as my friend who was turning 27 at the time. Oops. Dug myself a bit of a hole that night. Normally who cares what you tell someone at a bar, but since I saw him again after that it became an issue for me and I eventually had to fess up. Haha. I felt like a total heel.

Anyways, holy what a tangent I just got on. Between this squawk and my original ramble, you might think age is a big deal to me. I'd say it isn't, as most girls my age would never date younger. I try to get over that, because well, it's hard to resist sometimes! Hahaha. Besides, a lot of guys my age have really let themselves go and are pretty lame. Anyways, age isn't a good reason not to be with someone you click really well with, to a point. Venturing close to 10 years apart is pushing it a little perhaps (sorry again D). This ain't Hollywood and I sure as hell ain't Cameron Diaz. Mind you, for JT... I can't really blame her;)

Anyways, back to the story! So I got the guy's card, but I'm not going to call him. At the end of the night the ugly lights came on and we probably both got scared... So the night didn't end up being so interesting anyhow. We got Funky Pickle and headed home.

Today went to brekky with my friend Nate (yummy, and I think I was still tipsy as my half my mind was MIA) and then went to Ikea and A&B Sound with Nancy and Simon. It was crazy because all of a sudden some guys raced out of A&B and we watched and they were chasing a guy across the parking lot. I guess the guy had stolen a camcorder and had bolted. He ran and jumped into the back of a truck and it took off. Nuts!


And now the weekend and is about to end once again... hello week of hell! I hope not but I have set myself up for a tough week this week. Better force myself to bed now...

1 comment:

Rosie said...

you sure ramble. Your age doesn't matter, although you not knowing who Jem and the holograms was really floored me.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11