It crossed my mind today that I’m pretty susceptible to suggestion by different forms of media.
All day I could not get that stupid “RANCH!” out of my head. Not only that but I can do the voice fairly well and therefore drive my coworkers nuts with it. Ranch. Ranch! RANCH! … ranch?
Geez!
It does NOT make me want to eat ranch however.
I used to have “73!” in my head. This was much worse than the 'ranch' thing though. You see, out of the blue I’d scream “73!” in the annoying slaughtered Bee-Gees voice that the guy does in that Pizza 73 commercial. Sometimes it would end there. Sometimes I would complete the jingle, “... when the pizza’s gone and you can’t go on, it’s 73!” (to the tune of Tragedy by the BeeGees). I drove another coworker and my roommate nuts with that one for months. It was their fault though. They actually played Tragedy in my presence, further driving the tune into my subconscious! Sheesh! They literally asked for me to torment them.
Speaking of being susceptible to tunes… My ex-boyfriend used to crack me up. He was so susceptible to tunes, that my cell phone would ring and 10 minutes later I’d hear him humming the ringtone. Hahaha. I used to play with him too. I’d turn to my friend and say, “Watch this, I’ll hum a tune and stop, and within 10 minutes he’ll be humming that tune.” It would work EVERY TIME. Yes, I know what you’re thinking… and YES, I have a very very simple mind.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment