Another year. I can hardly believe I’m STILL here. This is the year I finish, I just know it!
Could happen.
The kiddies are back and the campus is overflowing… complete with the usual 19-year-old eye candy. As for the girls, I LOVE to see what they're wearing for the first days of classes. You can just tell they wore their very favourite back-to-school duds and spent about 2 hours on their hair and make-up. Fashion-wise there’s definitely the good, the bad and the ugly. Though I saw the most awesome pair of jeans, I wanted to run after the girl and ask where she got them. Wanted to but didn’t. Good call?
Yes indeed, the people-watching is very entertaining:)
As I walk by the beer gardens I can’t help but think I may be too old this year. This might be the year that I’m unable to ‘fake it’ any longer. This could be the year that the kids throw plastic beer cups and pizza at me and call me “Old School”. (Hey kids, which one is not like the others?) I love the beer gardens though… fond memories. I think of just a few years back and one day in particular comes to mind. My friend and I went for JUST ONE BEER. Famous last words. The beer tasted like budda that day (that’s ‘budda’ as in ‘butter,’ pronounced like Mike Meyers in Coffee Talk and not ‘Buddha’, the fat guy commonly portrayed in statues).
Anyways, as I’ve explained, the beer garden episode started out innocently enough. And then JUST ONE BEER somehow multiplied... Weird how that happens. I should note here that beer is supposed to be used ‘for internal use only’, because externally it didn’t feel so good. Early on that day a guy bumped me and launched my whole beer upwards and onto my face. It was classic. He was nice enough to bring me a nappy and another beer. No harm no foul. (Well perhaps a little foul...) So if this is how it started out, you can just imagine the rest of the evening. We met new friends. This was the night we met “The Original Manho”. Hahaha. We were serenaded to. A guy recited a poem to me that he just made up. We threw things. I’m sure I fell down at one point. (Oh yeah that could have been any night… or day for that matter).
I can’t go into details because I just don't want to, plus it would be just too damn time consuming (and I’m supposed to be working right now). Let’s just say it started around 3pm and ended at about 3am. It was truly a 12-hour debauchery marathon. I had to be at work by 6am and didn't smell so good.
Not one of my finer moments but once in a while you just have to bust one out like that.
Perhaps not this year though. Perhaps. You never know though. Nah.
Ahem. Recess is over. Back to work…
Sincerely,
Old School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad you enjoyed my blog:)
However I'd prefer that people don't plug sites that are selling something. This has happened a couple of times and I end up taking the comment off.
Thanks!
Post a Comment