Thursday, November 15, 2007

Taking a break...

I said before that this blog is an "outlet for my stranger side." As frivolous as it always was, it effectively served as a distraction from the less fun parts of life. If I got too serious or stressed, writing about something really stupid would temporarily lift me out of it. Kind of like when you get mad while looking for your keys and wipe out on the kitchen floor. You just have to lay there laughing for a bit and after that you find yourself not so mad anymore (till you get up and still can't find your keys and then you wipe out again... it's a viscious circle and I could spend hours at it, lol). So you notice what you focus on... and zeroing in on the more humorous side of life added a lot of happiness to the day to day, no matter what else was going on.

My family was always like that, giggling amidst the toughest of times. It's not that we don't hurt, it's just a show of appreciation for all (the light and the dark) aspects of life. While my brothers and sister laugh at each other (that was indeed "at" and not "with") or we all chuckle at something my dad does or smile at something my mom used to say... My focus is elsewhere for the next little while. I'm taking a break from blogging for a wee bit.

No comments: