Saturday, October 15, 2005

Rain, not rock and roll

I’ve been hanging out at my friend Rose’s place lately, still on vacation. I wanted to spend time with her while exploring the Maritimes. However, the weather sucks butt today, and is supposed to tomorrow and the next day as well. Plus I’m starting to get anxious about all the work waiting for me when I get home. Not so anxious that I’m working right now, mind you.

Hence, I’m stuck hanging around indoors, visiting, eating, cruising the Internet, drinking lots of coffee and playing with the cats. Melvin is obsessed with chasing the string. I’m sure that this will, for the most part, comprise my weekend. Rose claims that there’s a saying they have here, “There’s always 2 days of rain and the next day is Monday.” Cool.

What’s funny is that most of my Canadian vacations are mired by rainfall. I’ve tried to laugh about it, but sometimes it just ain’t funny! I was even visiting my brother in Osoyoos once (which boasts the only desert in Canada) and they’d had 40 degree weather for something like a MONTH straight, and I drop by to visit and it switches to 10 degrees and rainy. When the golf course where he works now had a drought last year, we chuckled as we speculated on whether the club would pay for me to visit.

So anyways, I don’t go home until Monday. This also means that I’m missing my favourite cover band ever, the Ozzy Ozmunds (no, contrary to what the name would suggest, they don’t play Ozzy tunes), who are playing there this weekend.

Then I read my Haiku Horoscope for this week http://haikuhoroscopes.com/
, which was one of my rainy day cruising the Internet activities, and I stumbled upon a Haiku-culmination of the above thoughts:

Virgo
Sorry to say, but

Those kittens and that yarn are
Just not rock and roll

No they aren’t rock and roll, but I’m having fun regardless. The rock can wait until I roll back into town. Thank you, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst Haiku EVER ..... Worst Horoscope EVER! Together ..... it almost works in some strange kind of way

michie said...

Agreed. Haikus are that way I find.

I had to laugh at Rose's Haiku Horoscope that day...

Aquarius
It may comfort you
To learn you will die in a
Hilarious way

Nope, not comforting whatsoever.