Have you ever noticed when you’re walking down the street (or in the mall) that if you didn’t move out of the way of oncoming people, you’d most likely end up in a head-on collision?
My friends and I were noticing this as we walked downtown this weekend. I kept dodging people who didn’t move and didn’t even seem to even be aware that there was a person coming towards them. This is a dangerous game if you choose to play it. Sidewalk Chicken. Unbeknownst to me, I’ve been playing the WORST game of Sidewalk Chicken EVER. Due to my ignorance about the game, I’ve been conceding time and time again to these sidewalk hogs. And the worst hogs of them all? It’s the 3 in-a-rowers who take up the WHOLE sidewalk. These people KNOW that everyone else have to either play the game and dodge them or be sideswiped.
I need a strategy in order to curb my escalating frustration.
So I’ve decided to walk down the street like a monkey. I know this will finally snap them out of their self-absorbed fog and they’d have to dodge me in order to avoid getting smacked down by my flailing monkey arms.
No more Sidewalk Chicken for me… I’m gonna do the monkey baby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
do the gorilla like des does.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! and scream while you are doing it too.
Yeah, the monkey is like Des's gorilla walk, totally. And I think it would get A LOT of attention, and gain me A LOT of sidewalk leeway... even without making a peep.
If I made any kind of noise at all, I'm afraid I'd attract too much attention.
Hahaha.
Post a Comment