Sunday, June 11, 2006

Gnarls is Gnarly

When I start to pout... I put this song on and it makes me de-pout.

It's Crazy by Gnarls Barkley.

Does that make me crazy? Does that make me CRAAAAZY?


I don't remember when I lost my mind, however. I think it's kind of like gaining weight. Slow and insidious. Creeping insanity. The thing is (about putting on the pounds) you don't know it's happening until one day you have to buy a size larger, and then two, etc. But you definitely remember being a smaller size...

When you've lost your mind bit by bit, you have no mode of comparison.

You don't remember how sane you used to be. There's no 'sanity measuring stick' that tells you that you're mentally obese. No calculation. No formula.

Maybe I'm CRAAAAZY... Probablyyyyyyy.

5 comments:

Lanny said...

LOL... good point. You need a mall directory that has an arrow pointing to "YOU ARE HERE" so you can realize that you are in the parking lot and you want to be at Sears.

michie said...

Or maybe that's the mercy of losing your mind. Kind of like when you get old and lose your eyesight.

;)

Jensies said...

I hear you - lately I wake up and go when did I get this weird?! Although, sometimes I think I can actually FEEL myself getting crazier ... a little unsettling. That's why I have a new game plan - introduce people to the crazy from the very beginning ... if you can't handle it, get the hell out of the way. I figure that will separate the strong from the weak. I agree, though, that song by Gnarls Barkley is totally *kick ass* ;o)

michie said...

Hmmm... Introduce people to the crazy from the start eh? You see, since I started this blog I've often wondered: at what point when I'm dating someone do I tell them about the blog? You see, the blog is my somewhat stranger side, so I thought easing them in on that weirdness may be wise. Too early may be too much too soon?

What do you think???

Jensies said...

Tough call ... depends really on whether or not you think they can handle the crazy. And if you've suckered them into liking you enough to overlook some of the really crazy things.

I always feel tempted to do what Karen from Will & Grace once said:

"Grab a bottle, hunker down, and pray for daylight"

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?