I recently gave feedback on a grant proposal. The Professor who had asked me for input works at another University in another town. The response?
"You are a gifted writer! Excellent sugggestions for change... You have a very bright future ahead of you in academics."
I've been thinking about doing a post doc in their lab. At least, that's the plan.
When do I tell everyone my real plan? That is-- moving to the caribean, sitting in front of my laptop on the beach, sipping my coffee (or mojitos after 4pm) and writing drivel all day? (In between swims in the ocean and naps in the hammock.) Ahhhhhhhhh yes. It even felt good to write that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i wonder were you got that idea from
when I'm really stressed about out school, I envision quitting and just working from home. In fact, just thinking about opening a photography business gets me through each day. haha. I suck.
I got the idea a LONG time ago...
However, a friend recently said that if he bought a bed and breakfast on a tropical island, I could run it in between writing drivel. Things are coming together!
Don't think I'll tell my supervisor... yet.
Post a Comment