Saturday, March 03, 2007

Blog Break



So I'm digging through my summer clothes because I'm going south for a little while... and balking at the thought of myself in a bikini. My regular bikini doesn't fit me right now, so I'll have to wear my "fat bikini" (kind of like fat pants but it's a bikini... doesn't seem like a good idea. A better idea would be the burkini. I gotta get me one of those).

During our trip, we'll probably hit Laughlin, Nevada for a few days. It's basically the old folks' Vegas. Actually, Laughlin looks a bit like I'd imagine Vegas did near it's beginnings. Ah well, it has its own charm. For one thing, I got ID'ed there buying wine at the Safeway in 2005! The guy was serious too, he was like, "Are you old enough to buy that?" I said, "Do you want proof?" He apologized afterwards but I told him that it was absolutely no problem!

Anyways, there may be a blog drought coming on if I don't have internet or anything interesting to say for that matter. Not that I EVER have anything interesting to say... Guess maybe I'll do a bit of reading. Should I bring my favourite (and only) book of late: "Isotope Tracers in Metabolic Research: Principles and Practice of Kinetic Analysis"? Hmmm. I'd rather read Cosmo on the plane than have to think so much, even though it's almost a toss up between which I'd rather read. Do I want my brain to work that hard or be that completely vacant? Maybe I should bring the book along and if I start to feel guilty about taking some time off, I can crack it and make myself feel better. That may last all of 5 minutes, that is, until the dryness of the material overides the pain caused by the guilt pangs.

Later... :)


P.S. While I'm away, if you're bored and feel the need to procrastinate, check out my friend Keith's blog: small thoughts from strange hours. He just started it and it's not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

1 comment:

Jensies said...

HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!! Don't feel guilty - ENJOY it. And don't worry so much about the bikini thing. You'll never see those people again anyway - so who gives a crap. Indulge in a buffet for me! Love you lots and will miss you while you're gone!

haha my verification word is lofbob ... I like it