Did you ever notice that people who like 80s music also like country? I think that says something about country music, you have to enjoy gulping down a good heaping shovel full of cheese in order to listen to it.
I went on a date once and the guy forced me to listen to a bunch of 80s music. I tell ya, that was almost a dealbreaker. If your first kiss is to Journey, then you start to wonder what else will end up as the worst soundtrack to your life. Could you stay sane if you have to choke down a large dose of Air Supply with your granola in the morning? Would a long road trip a la Duran Duran drive you to veer the car into oncoming traffic? How long would it take having the Pointer Sisters stuck in your head before you took a fork and poked your eyes out? Jump! Jump! For my loove!
Add country to the mix... Dealbreaker deluxe.
ps. Jump is in your head now, isn't it... Mwah ha ha ha ha! The 80s was eeeveeeel I tell ya, eeeveeeel!
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Did the drive back from BC with the Calgary guy put you over the edge - is it over?
Haha, no. I was being facetious. But yeah, I'm sure you completely understand my point!
Many years have passed. I thought I would look for you to see if you were still here. God bless the women who keep the Barbie Dolls they had as children to show their succesive lovers.
I am the man with wine on his suit that you did not wish to meet in Quebec or Florence.
I still think you are beautiful, I still think your father is a great gentleman. I am still alive and I am in love with another English woman. The third now, and utterly exquisite. More delicious than all the rest. She is one of those that draw the room to her when she enters it. Utterly magnificent. I am happy. I just wanted you to know. If you decide to call on me in Florence, you will find her delightful.
Whatever - I still LOVE that song by the Pointer Sisters. And Tiffany too. HA! Some of my favorite dance moves are totally 80's (and mostly from Flashdance ...)
Perhaps this is why we could never date :P
hehe my verification word is "micscooc" ... maybe it's a sign I should name my first born child that
i love duran duran and tiffany. I've been appreciateing 80's music more lately. sigh. The horseman is back and soon he will be accusing you of being shallow and insignificant. How hurtful.
God bless the women who keep the Barbie Dolls they had as children to show their succesive lovers. Hmm, I don't get it.
Ok, there are a few songs from the 80s that are OK to listen to, once in a blue moon. Case in point, the Clash or even Insane in the Brain by Cypress Hill. You two just picked some of the worst 80s music EVER. Hahahahaha. Jeaysus. Tiffany? Eeeek! I admit to having a Samantha Fox cassette IN the 80s, but please, leave it there!!!!!!!!
how about Jem. Oh yeah, not your time :P
Post a Comment