A fellow female online dater had this to say about it:
Well things that irritate me is getting an email with that kind of "stock" paragraph of info... like you can tell that it's probably something they send to everyone/anyone because a) it's REALLY long and b) there's nothing personal in it. There's no specifics related to your profile at all. I dislike that haha - I'd rather have a one-liner than that. Oh also avoid such witty and smooth emails such as "u r hot" and "i choose you" ... seriously - are these people expecting a response??
So what does get a response? Well, a nice photo helps (it's tough not to answer the Johnny Depp look-alike) ... but humour is definitely where it's at. And then, if you add a side of flattery, I'm clicking that REPLY button faster than you can say 'how YOU doon?' haha.
This is how one guy got a response and just kept the giggles going:
Him: I think I wuv you!!!!!!!!! Dont know how I stumbled upon your profile though
Me: hello... very funny profile!Him: Thanks....I'm not as retarded as my profile. Just kept it that way cause this site is somewhat retarded & I wanted to fit in lol. Dont worry, your safe with me as long as I take my meds. Besides, running outa places to store bodies lol.
Perhaps that should've scared me away, but it didn't (although I forget what his profile said now).
Sometimes a profile stands out. When this guy emailed, I couldn't NOT respond. This one had me howling with tears rolling down the cheeks... Enjoy :)
Ahhh me… A pocked and shiny sloped brow leads to up to my sparse, unkempt greasy hair which only accentuates my bulbous eyes (left one is a bit of a wanderer)… the best way to describe my nose with its volumous thick hair is “runny”…my tooth is still in pretty good shape and is “sunshine yellow”…I have been trying to grow a moustache for 3 years… I stand almost 5’ and have really let myself go… one of my legs is notably longer than the other which of course makes me a wicked dancer, even if by mistake… If I had friends they would describe me as a simple, humorless, self conscious, irritable loner… Women often say things to me like “stop following me” or “get the hell off me” or “whats THAT smell?”… I have developed somewhat of a resistance to mace and pepper spray…
I can further be describes as “unemployable” and do odd jobs for strait cash so I guess that makes me a bit of an ontrompanuur… I live in my ’86 Astro van (with mags) with my 6 cats and iguana so I am very mobile when I can afford gas…
I further enjoy sitting on your couch and eating your food (spray cheese strait from the can if you really cared)…while having my back hair braided. I enjoy a good tractor pull as much as the next guy especially if i am wearing my favorite old sweat pants sans under garments, white tube socks and a shirt i got out of a beer case 8 years ago...
I enjoy short walks to the fridge, making cat toys from belly button lint and earwax candle making. I recently attended my grade 9 graduation reunion which was held in the parking lot at the 7-11…
You.. you are a super hot virgin nyphomanic heress that can cook like nobodies business and likes to rub my feet while I play poker with the boys...
Hurry! Contact me! This action wont last long...lol
I have been asked to add what my education level is... well i dont have a degree as such but i do have a level 32 shaman on everquest named arcuss... that has just got to count for something. anyone?.. hello?.. is this thing on?
I don't know what it is, but I love it when people say, "is this thing on?" It gets me every time. Thanks dude, that was priceless!

No comments:
Post a Comment