Somehow I got an infestation of white flies on my mint plant. They spread from there to all the other plants on my balcony.
I felt like saying to them, "Y'know, I don't mind if a few of you wanna just hang out and have fun. It's just that you've totally crashed the party here. You told two friends, they told two friends, and you all had several big orgies and now the place is totally overrun. If you don't know how to control yourselves, I'm going to have to give you the boot!"
Then I killed a whole community of the little white guys. The only way to do it was to get rid of all my plants. As if murdering families of flies didn't hurt enough, I also had to kill my spinach plant (which was producing like a mofo), basil plant (which was being all tasty), cherry tomato plant (it already had a little tomato on it) and sunflowers (which were just about to bloom)!
I got in from the carnage on the balcony and Feist was playing; a song from the Let It Die album. I paused to remember and a tear came to my eye. And I can't even drown my sorrows in a Mojito.

No comments:
Post a Comment