Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Permanent Party Car

There are 3 things I know for sure:

1) When people hear my trunk thumping from 3 blocks away, they don't think I'm cool.

2) Not everyone wants to hear my music. I think it rocks, but I'm not advertising.

3) The people who live in my apartment building do not need to know every time I enter the parkade.

Alas, there is not a thing I can do about it. (Except maybe buy a new stereo. Ugh.)

It started a few months ago. Something went wrong out of the blue. Now the thing plays one song at a time and at one volume: LOUD. It's been hot lately. I must have the windows down. They must think I'm a total punk.

And there are some CDs that play even louder than others. So loud I can't even THINK. Did you ever notice loud music does that? We've all had to turn down the music when parallel parking. Hmm, maybe that's why they play the tunes so loud at the bar. God, that explains a lot of my dumb choices. Ahem. Add alcohol and I totally have a defense! Oops, total tangent there...

We call it the Permanent Party Car now. It's either Party or Silence. So I guess it's party!!!

I'll just have to ignor the fact that I feel like a dork. And I've certainly had to do that before. Once or twice.

2 comments:

Al said...

The other morning at 6:30 A.M. one of the construction crew (waiting to start work at seven) on our road, had his radio/sterio up and the windows down (it is not "hot" at 6:30 AM around here)and was parked next to our house. The "thump-thump-thump" tended to make vibrations thoughout the house reminiscent of an earthquake of 7.0 on the Richter Scale. He seemed quite perturbed when I told him to "PARK IT" somewhere else! Are you suggesting that loud noise you young persons send out into the environment is like "trolling for tail"? Something like the male Hungarian Partridge's drumming? Is that what you mean by Party Car? Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!

michie said...

Partying does not equal trolling for tail!