In this photo: Random concert-goer dude.
Yep. It's a dude. Wearing skinny jeans. Very very skinny jeans. I seriously don't know how he gets his ankle through there. Must use a cleverly applied shoe horn. Or something.
I just don't 'get' it. I'm even into that scene: punk/emo. I like it. But sorry man, that is NOT hot. Even if you're scrawnsville enough to pull it off (in other words, you don't look like you have two ice cream cones for legs)... it's still not hot!
Oh well, I'm sure he doesn't really care what an old lady thinks anyways. Uh oh, maybe I'm becoming one of those people who goes off about the current fashion while still feathering their mullet, sportin' a neon half-shirt with tapered pleated acid wash jeans and granny boots. I heard that people stay stuck in the fashion era they felt they looked the best. I have to wonder who looked best in that shit though. Hmm.
Oh geez, I hope not. But I'm not jumping on the fashion victim bandwagon right away either. It's a ploy by the fashion industry to change the styles so we have to keep buying clothes!!!
Bastards.
I wasn't ready for flared jeans to go out of style dammit!
Oh boy, I'm getting revved up now. I was watching a show the other day and the metrosexual fashion guy in-the-know was talking about sunglasses. Designer sunglasses. Can you say $200 a pair? He said you need several pairs, to fit your mood/outfit. Then he added that the styles are changing all the time and you have to stay 'updated' with the new styles. WTF? Tell me PLEASE, who has that much fricken cash lying around to update SEVERAL pairs of sunglasses EVERY year? I can't afford one pair every five years, let alone five pairs every year!
And that's JUST SUNGLASSES. What about shoes, pants, shirts, accessories.... blah blah blah blah buuuuuullllllllsssshhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
My mind is officially BLOWN. WTF do these people DO for a living? Good God.

2 comments:
Girl, I feel your pain. Here at work, the biggest fashion issue is that somebody told these boys that wearing their pants halfway down their asses is hot. Shyeeet. PULL UP YO' DAMN PANTS! Nobody wants to see your raggedy drawers!
See, there needs to be a happy medium there. The pants yanked too high is also a big no-no. As usual, moderation is key.
The way I see it, the waistline of pants edge up an inch per year. At 16, they hang below the buttocks. At 40 they're often nudging dangerously close to the ribcage. I'd rather see something in between.
I think I'm going to become an expert, in everything. And my advice? "In moderation."
Why have I gone to school this long? I have no clue. None whatsoever.
Post a Comment