Can anyone hear me belting out tunes every day in the shower? I ponder this regularly. You see, the vent seems to carry sound. I can even hear sirens outside. And we can always hear the people upstairs gettin' busy from the washroom better than from the bedroom (not that we were trying, maybe just making sure no one is getting horribly tortured up there- sounds of pleasure not pain, difficult to decifer at times).
But I've never ever heard a tub fart ring through that vent. Seriously, the last place I lived was so NOT soundproof, we'd always hear the guy fart in his tub. Rude. Totally rude.
Ok so I just tried to name this blog post... I don't know why I have to go with alliteration (isn't that where every word starts with the same letter, I hope so). It's catchy I suppose. So I was like, what exactly IS a mantra anyways... Can I use it that in this context?
From the American Heritage Dictionary -
man·tra (mān'trə, mŭn'-) n.
1) Hinduism: A sacred verbal formula repeated in prayer, meditation, or incantation, such as an invocation of a god, a magic spell, or a syllable or portion of scripture containing mystical potentialities.
2) A commonly repeated word or phrase: "Today's edutainment software comes shrinkwrapped in the magic mantra: 'makes learning fun.'" (Clifford Stoll).
As I read the 2nd definition I thought, what kind of quote is that? Today's edutainment software ... blah blah WTF? Is that phrase seriously going to help me understand what mantra means?
I must be tired.
Ok, so the shower scene was definitely a mantra by that definition. I often wonder if people can hear me in the shower... so it's a mantra of sorts. A stupid mantra, I admit.
Alas, I'm going to quit the mantration (yay, new word!). If people really could hear me singing my little heart out, there would be a note under the door. NO, not complaining, you silly! A note telling me I should have auditioned for Canadian Idol!!!
I sing like an angel in that shower. Too bad you can't hear it.
I'm not joking either. I'm NOT.
Whatever. Go away.
No, you're not going to come to my shower to hear me sing, so forget it buster. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Lord how I love these blog posts where it seems I'm conversing with some imaginary character. I think that's my cue to shut'er down for the evening.
Goodnight all and I'M BAAAAAACKKKKKKKK! As sad as that was, I'm officially back on the blogtrain folks.
ps. A dude that goes by the handle "nater" is not allowed to comment about my singing on this post. Nope. Don't even bother man.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i will comment then.
When those cats are runnin' away at a breakneck speed, I think they speak for all of us, our neighbours and the world.
They don't run away from me, they run TO me when I'm singing (they always ran away from Flo when he sang though, haha)!
And it sounds 10x better in the shower;)
Post a Comment