Monday, July 17, 2006

Giant Beacon Zoner

I just found another reason to wear a helmet full-time...

GIANT BEACON ZONER.

It's about the only thing that will cover this monster. Makeup just makes it look worse, like I'm highlighting it for all the world to see.

It's all I notice when I look in the mirror. ZONER ZONER ZONER.

I feel like I'm growing a horn. It's not fair. Wrinkles and zits should never be able to co-exist on one person. It's just not right. I've paid my dues in the unstable complexion department and now that the wrinkles are moving in, the zit family that has been having monthly reunions on my face for years needs to MOVE OUT!!!


Well, at least low-flying airplanes won't hit my giant melon with it blinking up there.

I'm so self-conscious that I can't even look people in the eye. I try to turn my head so that the zit isn't in their line of sight. I try to stand in the shadow rather than the light.

Um, yeah it's not working.

This reminds me of a time when I was getting ready to go out on the town with my friends Lee and Lisa. I had spent a long time downstairs putting layers and layers of makeup on my large forehead protrusion (there were so many layers I think it had turned grey). When I was satisfied that I'd camouflaged the sucker, I ventured upstairs to have a drink...

"Are you going to do something about that zoner on your forehead?" was the first thing out of Lee's mouth.

Back to the drawing board.

I give up. I might as well make peace with it since it'll be camping out here for the next little while.

2 comments:

Al said...

Do you want us to go over the many things you can do to draw attention away from the Zoner?
1) drool
2) the heck with it---look at past posts and comments.

michie said...

I got an idea! If I just keep moving then I'm not still long enough for people to focus on the zoner. I have to get a bit creative at times, even throw in a dance move or head bang a little, but it really works!!!