
I could not BELIEVE the view from our room!!! AND we had a balcony too! I was in heaven.

Literally in heaven... In the morning, we were even higher than the clouds.

There was a small ski hill just 3km up the mountain on a narrow winding road with no guard rails and steep drop offs that had Mom pretty scared (ok, me too at times).

On the way back down we saw some deer.
In retrospect the view was awesome, but the whole experience at the hotel was also impressive. It wasn't just the 8 good-looking Germans that rode in on their motorbikes and sat at the table next to us at dinner and breakfast either;) It was also the man who ran the place, I think his name was Leo? He was soooo nice to us! In the morning when we were checking out he said, "Vous ĂȘtes joli." I thought he was posing a question... Are you happy? and I told Mom that's what he'd asked. We responded, "Yes we are, VERY much so thanks."
It wasn't until later when I figured out that joli meant beautiful. Oops. YES. YES WE ARE. Hahaha. Good one.
I'm an idiot.

2 comments:
YOu should have had me there as a translator ;)
Yes we should have... But do you know Italian? That would have REALLY come in handy!
Post a Comment