Monday, April 02, 2007

In appreciation of Aussies

On our last night in Vegas, we had a girl's night out. Of course I was curious about the Thunder from Down Under, and dropped hints to this nature. Mom agreed to go. It was loud, both because of the music and all the girls screaming. It was fun though. The guys could REALLY dance, even breakdancing, which I love to watch. Their bodies weren't too hard on the eyes either. I developed a wee little crush on the one guy (that's him, second from the RIGHT... bald guy, surprise surprise). Sure he had a nice body, but it was his smile, dance moves and jokeyness that drew me in. We stayed to watch girls get their photos taken with the boys, but I refused get one taken with them. It felt... tacky. I would have if my mom had agreed to as well, but I was too shy to go on my own. Of course, now that I'm blogging about it, the tacky is out in the open and I should have the picture to show for it!

If you go to their website, you can watch a video for Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy and my favourite bald man is in it :) Incidentally, that was the last song they danced to during the show, and I admit - dripping with cheese and all - it was a bit of a guilty pleasure to watch. BTW, they do not do full monty... and as much as I'm all FOR equality of the sexes, I'm kind of glad. Unlike female strip shows for "gentlemen", gentlewomen look for something different. It stayed fun instead of being dirty. We don't really need to see that shit!

In parousing the site, I came across this picture of Jimmy Kimmel with the Thunder and it cracked me up. He's just so damn sexy!







Um, what's with his package though? I have to wonder if he isn't sporting the new "Wonderjock" underwear from aussieBum. He looks a little, uh, enhanced.













You see aussieBum has finally evened out the playing field for men, in that they can now buy the equivalent of those padded Wonderbras that women have been wearing to enhance their own assets... If you want to get more info on these undies, check out the ad (see this video, seriously check it out ladies).
















This ad is definitely edgy and caused it's own stir on top of the stir the underwear itself already caused...




They say:

"Is it wrong to have American guys by the balls (mind you we're working through all the other countries as well). Are we still living in a day and age where freedom of expression is squashed? If anything we're simply putting it out there for the world to see and decide for themself. In the coming weeks we'll be displaying alot of the media coverage. Not only is it absolutely entertaining it does prove that a guys size does matter. Here's another bit of trivia. Guess who the biggest buyer of the 'Wonderjock' was over the festive season? It was women. Perhaps they know something their man does not. It's our reality... so enjoy it."


I really don't have any complaints about the ads. None whatsoever.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

thunder down under has another meaning to me. hahahahaha!

Al said...

There is nothing "dirty" about the naked human body. Where do you get those ideas????

michie said...

There is something dirty about the naked human body when it needs a bath!

Anyways, you know what I mean! No throwing loonies at the boys' bare crotches!!!

Ouch.

At the opening of the show, the guy told that old joke- What's an Australian kiss? Same as a French kiss but from down under!