You know those songs that get STUCK in your head and you can't shake them loose? The only way to get rid of it is to think of an equally catchy tune (which likely means it's doubly annoying).
Well, the auto maker Saturn just added this tune to their new commercial. I actually like the song, especially watching the muppets perform it. It fascinates me. Why a car maker would want to put a muppets tune as a theme to an automobile advertisement beats me. The thing is that the chorus (one word over and over and over) gets etched in the brain. It's repetitiveness is delightfully charming for the 2 minutes of the song. The repetitiveness that continues in my head for the next 20 minutes drives me to the brink of insanity. After about an hour, out of sheer desperation, I'll even listen to Achy Breaky Heart in an attempt to displace the bloody thing.
Maybe Saturn used it because the ad wizard who came up with the commercial (like most of us) thought the song said "Phenomenon doo doo doo doo doo Phenomenon doo doo doo doo..."
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love that song! Why would you ever want to get that out of your head?
Now I want to see that commercial.
i get that in my head and never remember where its rfom. Even before saturn. I thought i was going crazy but i'm not. yay. now back to work hobag!
Those were the muppets?????
I thought I recognized them as some rock group you were singing the praises of a few blogs back!!
They have a slight similarity to The Animal, I must admit. Maybe it was the influence of the muppets in my childhood that made me adore these sorts in the first place!
Post a Comment