Friday, April 20, 2007

Working at home

Yesterday I was working at home. This may seem like an ideal situation, but it's wrought with challenges for my weakling little self. Some of these are as follows:

- Sedentation. Lack of movement causes stiffness and soreness and I didn't even DO anything! What the? This one isn't so good for an expanding butt either.

- Boredom. Usually when I'm bored of working on spreadsheets at home, there's the fridge. But I'm trying real hard not to snack lately. At one point the banana on the counter by my desk and I had a pretty good stare-down. It's amazing how good that banana looks when you can't have it.

- Random thoughts. Working at home makes you vulnerable to a wandering mind. Thinking about how badly I wanted that banana made me ponder the phenomenon I call unrequited proximity infatuation. That is... Someone is around a lot. You can't have them. Suddenly they become the most delectable thing on the planet. Ugh. Damn you banana! Tease.

- Spontaneous ADD. Anything, and I mean anything can be distracting when trying to work at home. I mentioned the fridge. Phone calls to catch up on. There's laundry to do. (Especially washing things that haven't been washed in 15 years. Hey, Garfield had fun!) ... I finally cut my toenails (I'm sure you really wanted to know that). Emailed some people several times. I read blogs and commented on blogs (and proceeded to make typos which made the comment mean the opposite of what I'd meant to write!!! Sheesh!) Incidentally, this blog post --Spotting Trends-- totally cracked me up... Then there was my cat giving me her irresistable you know you wanna come over here and give me hugs and kisses look. Oh, and I took photos of snowflakes. What??? C'mon, they were HUGE!



Now before you call me a total slacker, you should know that I did get some work done! Ah whatever, you're going to call me names anyways. Sticks and stones... You're rubber I'm glue... No, YOU'RE weak!

Lunch break is officially OVER. Bye.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

banana should not be a stare down, chocolate and chips, maybe, but I never count fruits and vegetables as "food" or at least kcalorie-contributing food. And believe me, its not my problem either!!!! (chips and chocolate and pop and whatever else is).

michie said...

Hence my analogy of unrequited proximity infatuation... What you desire may not actually be the most delectable thing, but it sure seems like it when you can't have it!!!!!!!

Believe you me!

And, bananas ARE yummy! Haha, it's kind of like when your roomie bought something really yummy and you want some and you have nuthin and you really really wanna take some or beg for some or... Ah food. That's why I can't watch any cooking shows either, they drive me nuts because I want what they're having!