Thursday, February 16, 2006

Global warming and peanut butter'n honey

It's pretty cool that up until yesterday, I was still biking to school. Tuesday when my lungs hurt and I felt like I was biking through deep water (the back tire is a little flat, the chain is gunky and I was biking into the bitter wind) I figured it might be my last day for a while. You'd think I would have decided that a while ago when I wiped out on the ice, but nooooo (it was right in front of a car and he had to wait for me to pick myself up again and shyly walk my bike past him). So yeah, it was a balmy -29 degrees Celcius this morning (into the +double digits on the weekend and then this?)!!! Anyways, I've never seen a winter like this here. Yay global warming!!! Actually, as much as I like the mild weather, global warming scares me. It's kind of like peanut butter'n honey sandwiches*... you can chow down like a crazy fool on them now and it's awesome and you don't want no one taking that shit away dammit... but you know you're going to pay for it big time in the long term. I should know, I've been having my own private but elaborate PB'nH eating contest lately. My ass is winning. Woops.

*Hey D-dub, I still maintain that it's called a "sandwich" even though it's on one side of a piece of toast... so don't even go there (not even as "Anonymous" smartass).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SAndwich = 2 slices of bread. 1/2 sandwich = 1 slice of bread.

You are warped.

And an oinker, you know, for eating half a sandwich then calling yourself fat.

michie said...

For one thing, I ate many more than ONE... I'm pretty competitive you know.

Secondly, um, check the DICTIONARY, specifically #3.

sand·wich
n.

1. Two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them.
2. A partly split long or round roll containing a filling.
3. One slice of bread covered with a filling.
4. Something resembling a sandwich.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Methinks that perhaps your head is not unlike #2... a partly split round roll containing MEAT.

michie said...

spaz much?

Anonymous said...

So, you are calling me a spazz? haven't you maybe tried considering that you are a supremo spazziolacudini?

I didn't think so.

ps you suck

Anonymous said...

I feel I must comment in an effort to do the sandwich situation and my good name justice.

In these changing times we are taught, told and trained to value Diversity and Inclusion as a means to higher achievement. We are to leverage our differences to develop more creative solutions and empower people to be themselves. While I practice and promote such behaviors on a daily basis, I have a great deal of trouble accepting your single slice sandwich belief and feel the need to mock and belittle you.

Here’s why:

They very act of flaunting your subject matter radicalism on this blog in an attempted cheap shot, leads me to question the integrity of the statement itself. While I do agree that a single slice of bread could be fashioned into said sandwich via a breach in its natural form, it is ludicrous to claim that a single slice with topping is an official sandwich! Furthermore, a single toasted piece of bread would clearly be classified as Toast, no matter what the topping!

Once again you have used your dictionary defense to irk the masses while attempting to “be right” at any cost. It is true that the authors of this, your personal dictionary of choice, have conveniently decided to include this less than appropriate definition, that fact cannot be disputed. However, the question surrounding the true meaning of the term sandwich is open for debate. Last I checked the dictionary was not a legally bound document and its contents are subject to the interpretations of its authors. If one was to resort to the dictionary defense in a dispute regarding the meaning of “Blog” whatever would we do? Your source does not yet include this term …. perhaps we should petition to have your bread/topping hybrid officially coined the Blog!

While you are entitled to call this concoction anything you so choose, I must defend the traditional form of the sandwich and partially side with the Meat head. (Yes, brains just so happen to be meat Anonymous)

I say good day,

michie said...

Rose, you ARE a meathead, no matter what you say to try to defend yourself.

D-dub, you are totally NUTS. I'm calling it a sandwich and there's nothing you can do about it.

Nah nah nah nah nah.

Anonymous said...

Thats not what the dictionary thinks!

Silly meathead, such a spaz.

michie said...

Thanks Nate for cleaning up my bike and pumping up the tires!!!

But now it snowed:(

Oh well... it's good to go whenever the snow goes!