I've had this discussion with guys, and they'll say stuff like, "well, I didn't pee on my hands!" Uh, no, but you touched the icky knobs on all the bathroom doors and fixtures, opened your belt or pants button and fly (which you touched after the last time you did whatever) and you probably had to touch your peepee at some point. Studies have also shown that there is a cloud of spray that comes back onto you when you urinate, particularly into a urinal. Uh, FYI, no one who is around you or touching anything you touch (i.e. your hands, the computer keyboard, or eeewwwww the popcorn bowl) wants to know (or smell) that you didn't wash your icky hands after all that.
I've also been in some boy's washrooms... and in the state they're in, I doubt that they care about the cleanliness of their hands either. Do some guys inherently have bad aim??? The worst had to be a tour bus I was on (uh, no, I'm NOT a groupie!). Holy that bathroom was top to bottom disgusting. It must have been due to drunk band members stumbling in and, due to lack of coordination, playing fireman?
For all you boys who actually do take care of your basic hygeine, sorry that I generalized and we love ya for it! However, gross bathroom boys, wake up and smell the urine!!!
This vent only addressed onesies, if I was to talk about not washing after twosies I could go on FOREVER... and uh, I have work to do. Now scram! ... And go and wash your hands.

6 comments:
In defense of men, women are pretty gross too. I have been in the bathroom countless times when I hear the water running for two seconds, signifying that the lady only ran her hands under water, no soap. This is in a hospital. Also, you previously blogged about my toilet seat pet peeve. Not to mention the countless times I have seen clogged toilets, blood and gunk smeared on the side of the stall and short and curlies on the toilet seat. If its that gross to the naked eye, imagine all the crap only the microscope can see!
Okay, relax everyone. From a scientific and medical perspective the belt down has considerably fewer pathogens than the human mouth and we don't see people washing their hand everytime their hands get in contact with that filthy oral cavity! There, you can add one more excuse to your list, Mish.
There probably aren't many pathogens in fart air, but That doesn't mean it's not yucky and you won't see me willingly sniff one. What makes something 'gross' may be due to bacterial contamination, but it also has to do with other factors. I'd rather that people just tried their best not to gag me.
On the topic of anal emissions, I should blog about how my sister farted on me the other day. Hmmmm. I think it may be one of those stories where 'you had to be there...' (but wished I hadn't been).
Well, agreeing with Mich, people should just be washing their hands PERIOD.
I could comment on Mich's attempt to fart on me, which resulted in a pathetic little squeek about three feet away from me. Of course, her goal to was to fart in my general direction, and thus have the stink waft over to me without actually me feeling the fart, but the amount of effort it took to produce that pathetic little sound was hilarious.
Ode to the odour.
Hey, you're not supposed to talk about ME farting on here. Only OTHER people fart! I can't believe this turned into a convo about colon cologne!!!
masher.... timing is everything!
Post a Comment