Monday, February 20, 2006

Rum makes you dumb (and other discoveries)


Ah, what a weekend... Movies, Häagen-Dazs and assorted treats, and me running!!! (Yeah, mostly just my attempt at undoing the 1000s of calories of ice cream and treats)…

And then I got to go and see a concert!!!! Yay! It was the Armchair Cynics (with Ellis and Long Way Down).

It was sooo much fun. I learned a lot too. For instance:

Bang is dirty dirty song! I thought it was actually about a GUN. Guess not.
The lead singer of Armchair Cynics seemed to have an ego about the size of his bulging biceps, but somehow it was OK.
Rum makes you dumb, gin makes you grin and Jager makes you stagger.
Keeping tampons in your jacket pockets is a drunk person’s brilliant idea of theft deterrent.
I still have a toque fetish.
Drunk or ovulating? I blame the gin.
If a guy admits that he normally lies about his name at the bar and you tell him you normally lie about your age, then his name is Chris and you're 25.
Confessing your age (ahem, 25) gets you free drinks (mmmmm Jagerbombs:).
Apparently mullets are cool if they’re spikey and funked up (i.e. “retro?”).
You wouldn’t really know if a guy wearing a toque had a mullet until it was too late.
Musicians aren’t so impressed when you point out that their hairstyle is technically a mullet.
There isn’t a better way to end a night than an adorable boy telling us that we’re “absolutely beautiful.”
I'm still an idiot around cute boys (could blame the rum though).
Compliments under the influence in a dark bar still go in one ear and out the other, but it’s nice that they pause to sink in, even if it’s just for a fleeting moment. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Al said...

Scarey--- when you use the term "cute" Mich. Your parent's experience re your use of that word ??????
Thought something was "happening" No whining on the week-end!

michie said...

Huh what? What do you mean cute? A boy can be cute without something "happening"!

Rosie said...

A mullet is a mullet is a mullet.

There is no excuse for mullets. None.


Except if I got one, then it would be cool.