Sunday, November 19, 2006

Plaigerism! Or not...

On November 5th, I posted The many paths to my ramblings. It so happened that I was laughing pretty hard at the search words people used to find my site. I shared the joy and laughter with y'all and posted some of them...

Then, on November 10th, guess what someone else on the "Best Humour Blog" nominee list posted? Oh yeah baby-- Search Engine Hits. I was livid. I thought for sure there was plaigerism afoot. I paced a groove into the floor. I screamed "WHY GOD!?" into the skies (not really expecting an answer). Then I was flattered for a bit. After all, if someone wants to steal my idea then it must have been a good one! I giggled and looked at myself in the mirror and said, "I'm good enough, I'm funny enough, and dogonnit, people like my ideas!"

Then my sister (who incidentally encouraged me to bust the idea-stealin' blogger's ass) pointed out that her post actually said "Here are MORE search engine hits"... Hmmm. "More" infers that she's posted this sort of thing before.

"WHEN? WHEN!!!" I screamed... not into the heavens, but at my computer while typing "WHEN? WHEN!!!" to my sister. She didn't know. I had to investigate for myself. Turns out that little Miss Samantha Burns posted about search words about a YEAR AGO. A YEAR ago.!!!

Oops, my bad.

Looks like my original thought wasn't as original as I thought. I hope she doesn't think that I stole HER idea. Because I didn't!!! Alas, if she wants to scream at her computer, let her. And I lack the proof to clear my muddied name.

On the flipside, it's nice to know that more weirdos end up on her site than mine. She's got the freak-market covered. I can enjoy my normalcy (?) for a little while longer.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

You've done it before too. I've done it before too, and most people who have a blog have done it at one time or another.

Plus I'm voting for you, not Samantha Burns. She's in three blog categories which makes votes for her redundant. I've probably voted for you about 10 times (once from work and once from home each day). I think that next time I will go down to the computer lab and vote from every single computer in there. Anything for my ho.

michie said...

I HAVE done it before??? I guess I'm more of a meathead than I even thought before... or didn't think before.

Huh?

So, what did you do? It must have been awful, because you're being really nice! Fess up. I don't deserve your kindness all on it's own...

deejinator said...

I hate to tell you this, but the idea was even original to her. I have seen several bloogers do it. I am still voting for you, and haven't even looked at hers.

Deej