At a recent conference I learned that “rats don’t like the drink.” The speaker said that if you want to get rats to drink ethanol-laced water, you need to “convince them to drink it” by sweetening it. What, do they throw in a little grenadine? Perhaps a splash of cran?
Lord, if I were a poor little lab rat, I’d definitely prefer to be used for alcohol research and therefore hopefully wasted all the time. Marijuana research would be even better (cage a la hot box...). Although it better be one of those studies where the rats get as much yummy fattening food as possible too, because rats don’t have a 7-11 across from their cage.
You see, life might be somewhat tolerable in a cage getting poked, prodded and experimented on if at least I was completely plowed or half-baked...
Then, as I lay there sobering up from the alcohol testing the night before, my head about to explode and wishing I would DIE, perhaps that’s the day I’d actually get what I wished for.

5 comments:
I figure when I die and am suffering eternal damnation in hell, I figure I just might meet some of my friends. I don't think hotboxing me is what they will have on their minds.
I am beginning to think that "Half-baked" would be a a good way to go through life.
It is clear----your generation has lost its way!!!!
It's too bad we can't switch to 'half-baked mode' on command. Then you can just say to someone, "Sorry I forgot about your birthday, I must have been in half-baked mode when you told me about it." It could be a defense at a trial. "Your Honor, everything was fine when I went into half-baked mode. When I came to, I had this bag of money in the trunk of my car! I have no idea how it got there, none."
It's not so good to go into half-baked mode involuntarily though. I think that's what happened to me between the ages of 20 and 25. Oops. Perhaps that IS the problem with the younger generation... There seems to be a several year span of extreme self-absorption -- often combined with stupidity. Not a good combo at all.
yeah i spent most of my teenage years and twenties half-baked. Oh wait, I mean metaphorically. :P
Post a Comment