A friend pointed out this article on six word short stories in Wired Magazine. Authors were challenged to write a story in only six words… here are a few I liked:
Failed SAT. Lost scholarship. Invented rocket. - William Shatner
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon
Automobile warranty expires. So does engine. - Stan Lee
Longed for him. Got him. Shit. - Margaret Atwood
Thought I was right. I wasn't. - Graeme Gibson
I thought they were neat, so I tried my hand at some:
Alarm ignored. Residents ok. This time.
Man asks. Woman answers. No? Maybe.
Virgin finally has sex, joins nunnery.
Life’s tough. She enjoys it anyways.
Dream comes true! Girl wakes up.
Boy eats chili. Date ends badly.
Buy now, pay later. Bankruptcy. Repeat.
Booze helps bed her, kills moment.
Entered contest. Lost. Guess I suck.
Driver sneezes. Car crashes. Bless you.
PhD within reach. Candidate quits anyways.
Snowstorm hits. Car in ditch. Help!
Tried standup comedy. Booed. Not funny.
Loser wins. Adopts new self-image.
Unplanned pregnancy. Planned marriage. Miscarriage. Divorce.
Pedestrian trips. Killed by clutziness.
Reality series ends. Reality sets in.
Wedding wonderful. Honeymoon awesome. Marriage sucks.
Got drunk. Got lucky. Got STD.Laughed, peed, ran, fell. Bad day.
Look up! Falling piano!!! Too late.
Wrote short stories. Work postponed temporarily.

8 comments:
Your best one was 'Dream comes true...'
It's almost like you have a talent for writing or something.
How about three word stories:
Diarrhea, achoo, sheeit!
blogging, blogging, blogging, blogging, blogging, fired.
Awww thanks BioKeith! Welcome to the wisecracks section of ramblings!
Dad... the beauty is in the 6 word story. Three doesn't count! Stick with the program!!! And secondly: ewwww.
Lanny, you are such like a guy, focus on ONE thing only. It's ok, fire prevention is really important I've heard... Luckily I can't get fired. My boss can show me extreme disgust though, and I wouldn't wanna be on the end of that. No sirreeee.
Just like a woman---"stick with the program!" Afraid to try something different? Whatcha afraid of? Huh, Huh, Huh?
How about...
I argued with wife, I lost.
or
Wife is mad, couch is soft.
deej
Hey deej, I like Wife is mad, couch is soft! How about, "Made wife mad, doghouse ain't bad."
I would have wrote, wife saw error, apologized to me... but THAT will never happen.
Post a Comment