As I was sitting in the bakery today, it occurred to me that one major problem with running is that there is no destination. With biking, you can call up a friend and say, "Hey, you wanna bike to the bakery or to the ice cream shop?" It provides two things- motivation AND a destination. Ahem, then you wonder why your waistline still expands in spite of all that exercise...
In the past some people have inferred that I'm too picky when it comes to men. Um, if someone says they don't like maple walnut ice cream, would you tell them they're too picky? Yeah I thought not. It's simply a matter of taste.
A friend of mine told me the other day that he got a million dollar idea-- a book called "The Tao of Dating." I asked if he actually knew enough about dating to give advice on it and he admitted he'd probably have to get someone else to write it. Uh huh. Then he found out by searching the net that someone had already thought of it. Bummer. He must feel like a cool mill just got suddenly and violently snatched right out of the palm of his hands...
I went out for dinner recently and my date picked the place. When I pointed out that it was very expensive, he said "Don't worry about it, it's my treat." It was a treat alright, wow $$$! So now I can't break it off for at least another 2 dates. Geez. Or maybe one if I pay this time, enabling me to unpack from this guilt trip I've sent myself on...
So when does a boy become a boyfriend? In other words, at what point does your bedroom boyfriend become your social boyfriend? And why is that conversation so difficult to have?
Why is it that whenever people see a guy and girl together, they automatically assume they're a couple? I hang out with male friends a lot, but only date every once in a while. It probably looks terrible to the folks at my fave digs. I show up at a restaurant with 4 different guys in one month and the staff are probably thinking I really get around! Or that I have a more exciting life than I actually have. Uh, and that I have extremely varied taste in men.
Back to the running thing, someone once said, "Don't run unless you're being chased." Maybe that's the problem, I run too fast. There's no destination though. Oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Those who can't - teach.
I get tons of million dollar ideas, so I'm not too worried. Hey - now there's an idea - I should start selling my million dollar ideas! www.milliondollaridea.com - I should check if that's taken.
There is a destination - it's to a slimmer you!
Looks like someone else got the million dollar idea-- to sell the website domain www.milliondollaridea.com.
Now that really IS a million dollar idea! Very little work, with hopefully enough stupid people in the world to result in a high likelihood of success.
Running can have a destination---maybe even multiple destinations. eg: When confronted with a bear in the woods, one could say that ANYWHERE other than where you ARE is an appropriate destination!!!!! Guess I agree with the "don't run unless you are being chased". Besides, walking is a better excercise, so why else would you run? As far as the weight loss thingy goes, you will wear out your feet, knees and hips before you wear out your mouth!
Post a Comment