Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Kids these days

I will be seeing my neice this week... I imagine this will be very informative as always.

The last time I saw her she pointed out that:

I stunk and needed a shower.
I had exactly 11 zits on my face.
I have hair up my nose.

Not exactly a newsflash there. When she was looking up my nose, I asked if she could see my brain. She said no and then proceeded to explain the physiology behind why you can't see the brain through the nostrils (wow kids learn a lot in elementary school these days). She may take over the "geek of the family" title sooner than I thought...

I also found out that she had a boyfriend, but they didn’t date because he was dating someone else. If that’s the case, then I told her I had several boyfriends... ;)

Oh yeah, she also pointed out that my bum showed every time I bent over in certain jeans and wondered if I was trying to impress the boys. I said, "No! No one wants to see that!"

Well, I guess I'd better pull up my jeans more. And, uh, grow a thick layer of skin before I see her, preferably one without pores or hair on it...

4 comments:

BioKeith said...

I love kids, until that brutal eye of innocent honesty turns my way. Then whoa....time to hand em back to their parents.

Rosie said...

except when they say "your stomach is hanging over your jeans"

yah, thats the best.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mich i love your poem and actually you have 16 zits. And all the household say" Sheesh i can smell you over at the neighbors. Love your niece

michie said...

Haha, thanks Anna! And you aren't the only one who thinks I stink. My friends bug me constantly about reeking and I'm starting to wonder if maybe there's something to it... Ah well, I can't smell it so who cares?!

It was great seeing you this week!!!