I noticed that they finally put some sort of grips on the stairs coming out of the Education building. I wonder how many people had to slip and fall in order to get that done. Do you think the meetings of the ‘powers that be’ went something like this: “Yeah, another 4 students, a Prof and 3 administrative staff bit it on those stairs again today. What do you think we should do? Should we finally break down and put something in place to prevent this, even though it would ruin our ‘hidden camera comedy hour’ on Fridays at noon?”
I wouldn’t doubt it.
People falling is funny as hell. (Except when they hurt themselves, of course.) What is it about a person falling that’s SO damn hilarious? I’ve fallen several times in public, one of those times was on the very stairs I mentioned above. The feet came right out from under me and I landed ass-first on that rock hard stair. WOW that hurt, and since I was part of a hoard of students moving from class to class, the embarrassment smarted a bit too. Hehe. I’ve also fallen in the bar a few times. One time was also coming down stairs, landed on my ass while my drink catapulted out of the glass and onto my face. That was the mother of all bruises too. Also, one time on Halloween I fell on the dance floor, flat on my back. Down goes Princess Leah… BOOM! I looked up at the crowd of faces looking down at me, bewildered about how this could have happened. A friend of mine even teased me for a MONTH before he told me he'd stepped on my foot that night.
I’ve decided that I want to learn how to fall, on cue. You know, for the comical relief of it. Just think about it, you’re hanging out with a friend, she's all cranky and then suddenly you do a lip stand on the pavement... pull out the 'fall card' if you will. Instant laughs, right? It'd be worth it. I’m not sure how to learn other than just to practice for a while. Maybe not on the pavement to start with...
Ok, here goes… Wish me luck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment