A while ago I made up a new face. It just happened one day in the bathroom mirror (ok, I worked on it a bit, but I was stunned by the ease of which it appeared). I was pretty excited so I told a couple of my friends, “I made up a new face today!” Word of the new face spread amongst my social circle.
The only problem was that I could ONLY do it in front of a mirror, so I couldn’t actually show it to anyone. Then as time passed I kind of, ahem, forgot the face. At the same time, as the legend of the new face grew, more and more people kept asking for it and I just haven’t been able to deliver.
I feel like such a failure. Lately I’ve had to use the mirror excuse, but honestly, I’m not even sure I can perform it there either. So now the question remains… How do I tell them that the face is lost? How do I hold it together as I look into their eager eyes and tell them it may be GONE FOREVER? How do I reconcile the disappointment on their faces when picture after picture of my mug is the same old tired goofed-up grin or distorted ape-face? Bo-ring!
I’ve got a lot of work to do to redeem myself. I either have to somehow bring the legendary face back or figure out a new one.
Gotta run... I’ll be in the bathroom if you need me…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ya see folks, THIS is the kind of shit I have to deal with.
All I can say is... it will be worth the wait:)
Post a Comment