Thursday, December 15, 2005

Rant Runaway

So my entry ‘Definition of Insanity’ and in particular, my dad’s little ‘rant’ has garnered some attention on the Internet. Here are a few sites that have it posted or have linked to it:

Small Dead Animals

WAKING UP ON PLANET X

Western Canadian Separation

Hell Bent

Project Alberta

It’s pretty cool that they think my dad’s ideas are “kick-ass”. I think my dad wasn’t quite prepared for the fact that it got over 100 hits in one day. Dad, this ain’t no private diary. And in light of that fact, I guess whoever wants to can access the drivel contained within.

I had no idea there were so many Alberta/West separatists. Wow. I guess that's a whole other issue. I was just concerned with the upcoming election and how, if so many people are insane, then we are in big trouble. In the words of NOFX: "Majority rule don't work in mental institutions." Haha, I love that song (The Idiots are Taking Over- download here. It's about Bush but I think the Libranos are just as corrupt and controlling. But that's neither here nor there and freakin' I'm not talking politics again on this site!!!).

So today my dad emails me and says, basically:

Unfortunately, your uncle and aunt have your blog site ---because they asked for it. Don’t change a thing. I think it is great if your parents can see the true you and still love you, what do you care what the rest of the world thinks. Mom thought you should know. As I said I told them you posted my rant so they wanted the site.

Haha, I love how he starts with "unfortunately..." Ok so I do have a couple of problems with this, beyond them having the site addy and reading my entries on poo capers and camel toes. (I was going to link to those entries just now, but it’s better if perhaps I don’t make it so easy for them.) Anyways, my first problem with my dad’s email is about seeing the true me and still loving me. What the? Does this blog really represent TRUE me??????? Oh geez. Maybe some of my friends could comment? It is definitely one side of me, although much of this blog is tongue in cheek purely for entertainment sake. Mostly because I have to admit that I’m a goof and should laugh about it instead of cry. The other issue is, why did they ask for my blog site? If they wanted to read dad’s rant, he could have emailed it just like he emailed it to me!!! Geez man. It was bad enough that my parents found out about it, now my great Aunt and Uncle have it and their impression of me as this sweet young thang will be completely tarnished forever.

Ok, I don’t know what their impression of me was before, but now it will be totally screwed.

I used to be self conscious about this site and who knew about it and read it. It is, however, public domain and it's way out of my control now. So be it. Please don't tell my supervisor though, that's all I ask!

Anyways, I'm NOT changing a thing, true me or some ramped up Rude Jude. And maybe you'll still love me or maybe you'll just go throw up behind the couch. It's your call.

No comments: