I recently got the BEST idea for a Halloween costume. My friend Jen was talking about those suits that monkeys wear, you know, usually red with the little cap and tassle, sometimes including a leash. Brilliant costume idea! Of course, I’d be Tweeter and well, she would make the perfect Monkey Girl. She’s so small and cute anyways, she sure to be a funky monkey. Of course, the golden line for the night would be, “Do you want to touch my monkey?” For some reason she wasn’t so keen on that idea. I’m not 100% sure about the leash thing… it would be fun to have that kind of control, but it seems somehow, uh, kinky. And I just don’t wanna go there.
What is it about monkeys that is so funny? Is it because the word itself is funny, or is it due to how the animal looks, or is it because we associate the word with some sort of antics or buffoonery? Face it, if you want something to be comical, just work a monkey into it. Even ‘The Family Guy’ throws a monkey in the mix (the evil monkey). Just the brief sight of it sparks laughter (it is both scary and funny).
Some sayings that are funny due to the mention of monkey…
Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle.
Yeah and monkeys might fly outta my butt.
What kind of monkey business is that?
What time is it? Half past a monkey's ass, quarter to his balls.
Spank the monkey.
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, you look like a monkey and you smell like one too…
The list goes on but you get the picture. Now get back to work monkey-boy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment