I was working just now, but it got too hard so I had to stop. Why why why does work have to be so hard (and kind of boring)?!?!
I seriously thought that once I left the folks' house, the insane amounts of work associated with living would cease. Freakin' was I EVER wrong. Especially if you want to get ANYWHERE in life.
So here I am, trying to finish up a paper and as soon as a tough question comes up... I have to bug someone else for a while until I'm sufficiently satiated on the entertainment front. Then refocus. *Sigh* When am I ever going to be done? People ask me that ALL THE TIME. It gets ANNOYING. Especially after I tell them an approximate guesstimation of time frame and they reply with, "But I thought you said you'd be done _____________ (insert date from the past)."
When Flo flew the coop he left a note that said:
"Get off msn messenger and finish your PhD and get the hell outta here! -French Proverb"
It made me laugh. However, there are a multitude of reasons for which I'm still here. None that I will bore you to tears with right now, however. Let's just say there's a LOT of work between ME and DONE. You could say that the hypothetical ME is somewhere in the NWT and DONE is lost somewhere in Mexico. This is better than China, which is where DONE was a few short years ago. Anyways, it's not a time frame it's an exercise in perseverence and staying SANE.
People who know I'm taking a while to finish ask me in disbelief, "Do you blog every day?" OR "How do you get time to blog?"
Um, it's not that tough. I just spent a whole 5 minutes here. Holy TIME CONSUMING! (not). Plus I don't have a boyfriend and that's a HUGE time saver. Oh well. For now I'm doomed to struggling through statistics and tables and figures and the odd little distraction with the blog or annoying my friends. Just indulge me for now. Sanity is a precious thing...
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mich;
What is with the posting on your blog that you don't have a boyfriend? Talk about desperate! I was watching a late night show and they had phone numbers that women could call free. Or maybe you know about that already?
Quit whining! Your mother and I love you.
Love,
Dad.
OH! I thought you were saying I could call women for free! I wasn't too into that.
Listen, phone sex or whatever they do on those "chat lines" does not a boyfriend make. I'm not desperate as I didn't mention the fact that I don't have a boyfriend on my blog as advertisement! It's just a fact.
BTW, if I was desperate I would already have a boyfriend! Hmmm... Perhaps a little desperation would help. Seeing as how you and Mom have NEVER approved of ANY of my boyfriends (ok, maybe you liked 1), I'd think you'd rather I was single. Am I wrong?
Wrong! Just your happiness kid.
m. and d.
Post a Comment