Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Eve of Destruction

I’ve done some stupid things on New Year’s Eve. This is especially true when you put me at a party where I don’t know many people (and I suppose it’s not limited to NYE either). I get nervous and all of a sudden shooters become a good idea. Shortly thereafter, I turn into an uncensored source of one-liners and physical comedy (in my slanted opinion at the time at least), laugh very hard at myself and end up in my 3 foot circle (where if you don’t happen to be in the circle, you don’t exist). And if I’m real lucky, I won’t fall (i.e. ‘jump’ and then fall) down the stairs (part of my physical comedy routine), or puke in their bathroom sink later (frantically trying to force the chunks down the drain while a lineup of drunks doing the peepee dance pound urgently on the door).

This is why I’m extra nervous about the party tonight. I haven’t been an asshole lately, but that doesn’t quell my fear any. Perhaps I’ll call up my friend and ask if she wants to go to the bar instead.

Happy New Year!!!

6 comments:

Lanny said...

so, sis, did you self destruct or did you survive to destruct another day?>

love ya and Happy New Year

michie said...

Nope. Luckily all is well, except for my head. OUCH.

Happy New Year! Love ya too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mich;
Glad to hear you survived. Read your E-mail and then tell me if I can add the picture to your blog site or if I would get arrested.
Thank you for helping set up things on my computer. It adds a whole new dimension to my world(and your mothers too---she has never seen anything like that).
Love, dad.

michie said...

You mean she's never seen anything like that picture you sent me? Well, neither have I. It's now BURNED an image in my brain and you just can't undo that sort of thing.

Thanks.

Some gratitude.

Lanny said...

It came from your camera!!!! LMAO

michie said...

The picture was NOT from my camera. I JUST got the camera for Christmas! So when, exactly, would I have taken THAT??? And no, I absolutely will NOT post that thing on my site!!!

I don't know why Mom and Dad think it came from my camera. Mom? Dad? WTF?

Obviously, Dad, you forget downloading that thing from your email or from a site. Or perhaps it's a coverup... the story you told Mom? That it came off my camera? Great, pin it on your innocent daughter...