Monday, March 13, 2006

Disaster Area


I realize that you all must think I have it really "together". Yeah, uh huh.

However, if my desk is any indication, I'm about 3 more papers from completely LOSING IT!!! I'm supposed to graduate by August 31st this year but unfortunately just getting through everything on my desk will probably take me until, oh, June I figure.

While you're visiting my office, check out the metabolic pathways poster I put together when studying for my candidacy... It gives the impression that although I may be disorganized, I'm actually somewhat of a biochemisty dynamo.

Rrrrriiiiiiiiiigghhhttt.

Speaking of which, I found out something about myself the other day... I was thinking about what a disaster area I really am, and thinking that sometimes people who are a disaster in one area are usually really really smart in another area of their life. And well, I somehow got into grad school, so maybe there's talent there (besides totally pulling the wool over my supervisor's eyes)? So what do you call a person who is usually a meathead but has some kind of freakish talent? An idiot savant!!!

idiot savant: An intellectually disabled person who exhibits extraordinary ability in a highly specialized area, such as mathematics or music.

My area of specialization: nutrition and metabolism. Everything else I suck at. Oh well, keeps things interesting I suppose...

4 comments:

Rosie said...

You are good at being cute! That counts for something!

michie said...

Rrrrriiiiiiiiiigghhhttt.

Al said...

I don't know about the biochemistry dynamo thing but from reading your blog I have had the impression from time to time that you may be a hormonal dynamo!

michie said...

What the?