Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Why I outta...

Some days around this office my professionalism gets tested. And when I say tested, I mean TESTED.

No one is here right now, so there’s no point in even stifling my frustration. However, I hope no one walks into the office mid-F-bomb.

No, it’s not a co-worker or even my boss that pushes me to the edge… It’s that piece of crap we call a PRINTER. I’m currently this close --> <-- to ripping it off the table and pinning it to the wall in a headlock, smashing it’s little plastic face in, pile-driving it into the floor, jumping up and down on it several times and then drop-kicking the thing out the window... Then all of the lives that have been negatively affected by it will gather where it lands and join me in a crazy-ass printer-burning party of epic proportions (Office Space style).

Ah, even imagining that made me feel much much better:)

3 comments:

Jensies said...

I hear you, lady ... I SO hear you. That computer used to be one of the banes of my existance ... until the other day when I went into my office to print something, and, funny enough, the printer was gone. Not sure why. But tech services left a note ... as if that's supposed to make me feel better.
You should formulate an elaborate destruction plan for that printer, though, and carry it out your last day here, maybe even on the day of your defense. I would like to be there when it happens. I'll bring the champagne (and by "champagne" I mean "cheap sparkling wine that'll do the trick").

michie said...

Haha Des! My problems are similar yet different than yours were when you were here. I'm way over in Medicine though, and don't have the departmental printer issues. Thank God I don't have an office where you were! I would NEVER get ANYTHING done there with that kind of disturbance, and the other many interuptions you described to me before. Krike!

By the way, I'm NOT writing yet and don't know when I'll get time. Yup, I'm freaking out already!

Jensies, I think an elaborate printer demise plan is in order... And although you may not have to deal with this particular printer on a day to day basis, feel free to imagine it to be almost any office equipment you want when we burn it, and hence achieve the same satisfaction:) Afterwards, we'll crack the cheap booze for sure.

Rosie said...

We used to fantasize about tossing the computer out the window in our old place, remember?

Speaking of crappy technology, I had to delete a slide in order to get my presentation to work today. IN front of everyone. Nice.