Sunday, March 26, 2006

Throw Michie from the Train

One of these days my roomie is going to lose it on me. She hasn’t told me outright that my singing grates on her last nerve, YET. It’s building though, I can tell. And when that last straw lands, she’s not going to say a WORD. She’s just going to quietly walk into the kitchen, grab a heavy pan out of the drawer and bonk me on top of the head throw-mama-from-the-train style.

I’m waiting… In the meantime I’m singing my little heart out. I admit, when I’m working on my computer at the table and she’s behind me in the kitchen, I get a little skittish.

I don't get much work done around here.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

I kinda liked your singing. It used to wake me up in the morning.

I do the "bad english accent" on Des and sometimes I think he's going to lose it.

michie said...

Funny! You've heard my bad English accent... remember when I was studying for my candidacy exam and I'd go through my metabolic pathways poster in the accent? I couldn't keep a straight face very long on that one.

I should poll all my past roomies on my most annoying idiosyncracies. Hmmm... I always asked Flo but he never complained about anything, until I grilled him one day and he said 'you could empty the dishwasher more.' I could hardly believe it because I was SURE something else annoyed him about me. Maybe my messy desk did.

I know my singing used to bother Lisa and everyone else when I lived in their basement a few years ago. But then, I should NEVER be allowed to sing The Cranberries that LOUDLY. Ouch.

michie said...

Oh yeah, the most annoying sound in the world... I haven't pulled that one out in a while!!!

Rose takes just a little bit too much pleasure in annoying the hell outta you Des. My pleasure was always in embarrassing you, hehe.