Ok, so apparently Oprah knows all about men and relationships? Apparently the quotes below are her advice on men. I took the liberty of adding in my comments. Deneen also contributed a couple (anything that sounds even slightly pervie was probably her. Kidding! ... Or am I?;)
If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
-Shit! Shit on both counts.
Stop making excuses for a man and his behaviour.
-He makes enough excuses that you won’t need to.
Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
-That's right, the spirits help for a bit, but then you wake up and both your heart AND your head ache!!!
Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.
-What if you’re like a baby with a stinky diaper that actually NEEDS some changing?
If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends".
-I didn't want a suckass boyfriend, why would I want a suckass friend???
-Say no to ‘best friend’ and say yes to ‘bed friend’! (Deneen you are so naughty!)
Don't settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is.
-If he's REALLY hot, you can put up with it for a bit longer...
Don't stay because you think, "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
-Curiosity killed the cat.
The only person you can control in a relationship is you.
-And sometimes that’s not even possible!!!
Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.
-Then of course he gives you the boot for spazzing out. Oopsie daisy.
Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.
-Shit. Then I guess giving him your ranting-type blog address isn't a great idea either...
You cannot change a man's behaviour. Change comes from within.
-So you have to change him from within… Hopefully you’re a heart surgeon.
Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he has more education or in a better job.
-This totally goes against everything I read in Cosmo.
Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.
-What is a quasi-God? “Uh, hey dude, you’re not good enough to be God, how about QUASI-God?” ... Or is that like the quasi moto of gods? Who would want to be that?
Never borrow someone else's man. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.
-But what about all those things we learned in kindergarten? Sharesies?
A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.
-And I allow him to treat me with ice cream, chocolate and even jewelry!!!
All men are NOT dogs.
-Right, they are also pigs, toads, jackasses, weasels and snakes!!!! Hehehe. JK. Easy now.
You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two way street.
-But he likes that I’m bendy…
You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you... a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals... look for someone complimentary... not supplementary.
-Did you say “complimentary”? Well of course he has to tell me I’m pretty. And it’s ok if he’s an amputee! Geez, how unPC.
Make him miss you sometimes... when a man always knows where you are, and you're always readily available to him - he takes it for granted.
-Yeah, that’s it, that’s why I act completely spaz out sometimes. Keeps him on his toes!
-You mean Cosmo was right on this one? Me confused.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
And we wonder why fewer people marry and 50% of those that do, don't stay that way! (And why University women blog about ED).
Actually some real good stuff. You must have had a good week-end!
Hah! Who needs advice on men? It's the men who need the advice...
"Curiosity killed the cat" but satifaction did bring him back
Haha, good comments...
The truth is that advice is shit if you can't put it into practice.
Oh well. Guess I'll keep on hitting my head against the wall!!!
Post a Comment