Deneen is gone. I’m sad. The place is empty. And I have way too much time with my own thoughts right now.
I biked to school for most of the winter, and now my bike tire is flat and I’m riding the bus or walking. Ironic.
Yesterday on the bus this weird black-haired lady with an extreme mullet and black trench coat stared at me unflinchingly from behind her black sunglasses. C’mon, if you’re going to stare, at least make it look like you’re not looking. Fricken’ bizarre.
The other day on a local patio, I saw a guy with two pig-tails exactly how I wear them (or as my niece calls them: “mich-tails”).. Yes, it was a GUY. I always wondered if it was too little girly for me, let alone a GUY? Weird.
I NEVER thought I’d say this but I’m actually getting sick of chocolate. I’d rather just have sex instead right now if you can believe it. (Dad, you never read that. I’m joking of course!!! Uh, except for the chocolate part. And the sex part. Yeah.) Truthfully though, the chocolate consumption has been unfulfilling. The only thing it has been filling is the posterior of my pants. Krike.
Every time I touch anything on the bus, I think of the guy I saw picking his nose and flicking it that time. Ewww. I seriously came close to ralphing.
I keep running into this guy I know EVERYWHERE. It’s strange how you see some people all the time and others almost never. Coincidence? I used to argue that nothing is coincidence. But then I also wonder… if there are no coincidences, then WTF is going on?!?!?
I just saw that guy again just now in QUAD. I was going to go up and say hi, but at what point will he start to wonder if I’m stalking him? I don’t wanna be THAT girl.
I have to get a poster done for a conference in a few days. It’s not ready yet. My stress level is about to increase about 50 fold. If my blogs get progressively weirder (as if that’s possible) then you’ll know why.
My friend Rose is doing her competency exams right now. Her first essay is on helminth infection. Helminth, now that’s a weird word.
I heard that Franz Ferdinand took in a few brews at the Black Dog the day before their concert last night. Ah the good ol’ Dog. That’s where I did Jager shooters with Dexter from The Offspring way back when (thanks to my friend Lisa who worked there). He’s way nicer than he seems in the videos. He’s pretty fly for a white guy. Ok, I can’t believe I just used that line…
Summertime. Patios. The Black Dog patio is still the best for ducking out early on a hot sunny afternoon and taking in a brew, or two, or six. Oopsie daisy, there goes the next morning!
People continue to change my name to Mitch. I’m not mad or anything but it just astounds me. Whether it’s email, this blog or otherwise, people not only think I’m a guy, but they think I spell my own name wrong… ALL THE TIME. Ok then. Bring it. I can take it.
It’s 22 degrees today and I’m finally donning the flipflops. C’mon kids, it’s not practical to wear sandals at +12 (unless you're Nate and wear them year round with wool socks). I’ve seen chicks standing there in the cold in a skirt and sandals, shivering like a flasher at the Arctic Circle (hehe, thanks Google). Truly bizarre man.
Speaking of sandals, I used to be self-conscious about what type of sandal I wore due to the obscene length of my 2nd and 3rd toes (you know, the little piggy that stayed home and the one that ate roast beef). My brother always said that if I lost a finger I’d be ok. Anyways, now I don’t really care because I realized that there’s no such thing as NORMAL-looking when it comes to feet. They’re ALL bizarre-looking, period.
I did tequila shots for the first time in a long time on Saturday night on my friend’s 30th birthday. I actually felt ok in the morning. Gin + tequila is my new combo. I think adding beer to that is when you start causing some serious internal combustion… so I shall avoid that. It’s just asking for T-R-O-U-B-L-E. Uh, not like gin + tequila doesn’t = Trouble. Hmmm… Reconsideration of my brain constipation situation (ok, so once in a while I pull out my Cajun man impersonation. Sorry.)
Funky Pickle pizza remains the best hangover buster ever. I’d quit it for a long time but had it again for the first time the other night. Oh how I love having things again for the first time. Uh, anyways this wasn’t the tequila night… This was the night of many beers. So I know the treatment is effective under those experimental conditions. It was also the night of me resisting that young hottie Delongo. I must be off my rocker. Or am I subconsciously on it, unbeknownst to me, rocking and knitting?
When I think about it, I still can't believe that Flo ate 18 chicken wings after the bar that time. No typo there... 18.
Who invented the double tap system? And who was the rocket scientist who said, HEY, I have an idea!!! Let’s put the two taps together and mix the hot and cold so we don’t BURN, FREEZE, BURN and FREEZE our hands trying to rinse the soap off! I burn my hands every fricken’ time.
Getting Smaller by NIN is my new fave song to bike to. Love it. Love the lyrics. Gets the blood pumpin’. Somehow my ass ain’t getting any smaller with all the biking. I know I’m really toned under the fat though. That’s gotta be worth sumthin.
I just found out that there are a couple of huge rock festivals going on in Europe when I’m there. I’ll be with my mom… Somehow I can’t see her rockin’ out to Tool or Metallica. Maybe she should let me dress her up as a punker. She couldn’t look much older at this thing than I do at Vans Warped Tour surrounded by 14 year olds.
Hmmm, talking about flipflops made me think of Flinflon for some reason. What is Flinflon? Is it a place? If so, I like the name. I like it a lot. I wish I lived there and my name started with ‘F’. Then I could say, “Hi, I’m Fiona Finkel from Flinflon.”
Why is “judgment” spelt without a ‘e’ but “acknowledgement” is spelt with an ‘e’? And I still don’t know if spelt is a word… I think it’s the past tense of spell, but then when do you say spelt and when do you say spelled?
I did a ‘to do list’ last night so I’d remember what I had to do today. I forgot the list at home this morning…
Now that Deneen is gone, I’ll probably dance around the apartment more. Burping really loud won’t get the desired reaction it does avec roomie though. Bummer. And it’s hard to play practical jokes on the cats. Although hiding around the corner and scaring them is still funny.
Yup, it's confirmed. I'm officially LOSIN' IT.

10 comments:
funky pickle pizza uses ketchup as their tomato sauce and is overpriced for the crap quality you get (especially the one in the sub). Gross.
You are losing it but I enjoyed the post.
By the way, I am writing my COMPREHENSIVE exams. Seems I have to know this stuff comprehensively.
Now I wished I had listened more about nematodes in statistics thinking "what the hell does this have to do with nutrition?"
Love ya.
You're not losing it. I just scared the crap out of my dog last night when he came around the corner. He did the "shying horse" thing. It's so much fun!
Reading your blog today is almost like being there having a conversation with you. I miss the insanity!!!
Well at least you can get your daily dose on me blog D!!! I'll try to be as insane as possible so you don't get too "home" sick;)
Hey Lanny, I would have liked to have seen that! I have to admit, playing jokes on Riley is pretty satisfying.
Yeah Rosie, I agree on the Funky, that's why I hadn't had it in a while. And it really is funky if it's not fresh. And at any other time than 2AM, you can guarantee it's not. Plus being drunk definitely helps. I still think they put some hangover-busting substance in there. Maybe I'll eat ketchup after the bar one night and see if the Heinz hypothesis is true. It will be my own little experimento. I still say that as far as E-town pizza goes, Papa J RULES. Although that was some damn fine pizza I had in Halifax when I was there Rosie. Mmmmmmm. Piiiiiizzzaaaaaa. Today at the lunch seminar we had pizza and root beer, my favo combo.
Well, on that note, I think I'm gonna have to make some more friends in this town. The rambling is at an all time record high.
Ramblo OUT.
Love ya'll too!!!
Deneen, PLEASE move back in, this marathon rambling has to be condensed. Mich, I didn't know you had such a need to verbalize, and don't believe that stuff about chocolate, there is NO substitute for the other.
MERDE!
I'm so happy I never learned to speak english.(translated by a friend)
ramblo. If it wasn;t slightly perverted I would suggest that is a good name to use on your blog.
Oh well.
Made me laugh though.
Pizza corner pizza is the best.
Love your blog! I had the exact same experience with a nose picker/flicker on the bus. I haven't been riding the bus much since. Being lost isn't a totally bad thing :)
If people laugh even a quarter as much as I do at my own jokes, then I'm doing ok;)
Thanks for all the comments everyone!!!!
:)
Post a Comment