Tuesday, April 18, 2006

System of an Up

Adaptation. Humans can adapt to anything if it’s introduced slow enough. Whether it’s a person, a few extra pounds, or Liberal corruption… bring it on slowly and we all adapt. When something is ripped away suddenly, however, we get a little freaked out. The few extra pounds or Liberal corruption may come out like a rotten tooth (the process was long and tough but had to be done, and like someone pointed out, eventually you’re glad the pain is gone). Getting used to suddenly not talking to or seeing someone every day can be a bit more of an adjustment.

I’ve figured out that the way to get over someone isn’t by listening to the sappy songs of the All-American Rejects or the Armchair Cynics… And it’s definitely not by listening to the Fall Out Boy album that you bought around the same time you met him and listened to almost every day since.

Nope.

You need to listen to something hard and fast, like System of a Down. Yeah, that’s been working. On the plus side, it’s also great to bike to. With my headphones blaring, I’ll be watching out for trains though, don’t worry.

Oh, except you might want to skip that song about the loneliest day of my life.

I’ve also been listening to NOFX. I mean with songs like ‘Can't get the stink out’, ‘I gotta pee’, ‘Clams have feelings too’, ‘Hot dog in a hallway’, ‘You're bleeding’, ‘You drink, you drive, you spill’ and ‘You put your chocolate in my peanut butter’...

... Really, how can you wallow in self pity rockin’ out to those gems?

1 comment:

michie said...

I'm "adapting" quickly!

I always like to joke about these things AFTER the fact. So it's all good.