Saturday, April 01, 2006

Finally bit the big one!!! Ugh.

Well, I JUST got back from Emergency, if you can believe it!!! I cannot BELIEVE how long a person has to wait there to be seen. SIX HOURS. It's not right.

Anyways, today what I've always feared came true. I was riding my bike down the road, and someone opened their door! It was unreal. I totally bit it big time, ended up catapulting forward, bouncing off the door and onto the ground, almost like something out of a movie. Definitely scared the crap out of both me and the idiot who didn't see me coming. I wouldn't have even gone to the hospital except I could hardly put ANY weight on my friggin' leg and thought, oh NO, not my knee!!!

Not again, nooooo not again.

The doctor doesn't think I've torn anything though. He also scrubbed down my road rash. That's an all too familiar feeling for me. All too familiar...

Anyways, tomorrow maybe I'll take some pictures of my wounds and post them. Maybe... that is, if you wanna be grossed out! Wait for it, you won't be disappointed...

I'm going to get some ice and some Advil and head to bed... ugh. G'nite.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I couldn't believe it either! I had no idea where you were last night until you called!

Glad you're ok. You'd better take it easy for a while you crazy girl!

Lanny said...

This isn't April Fools is it>?

Anonymous said...

Mich, after seeing the ickiness for my self - please do NOT post pictures for the rest of the world to see. Thats just nasty. And sticky. And oooozy.

Get better soon!!!

michie said...

Thanks Girk... and D.

Lanny Lanny Lanny...

Al said...

And you keep telling us that excersize is good for you. I've never seen that on someone lying on the couch eating chips and watching T.V. Hope you're O.K.
Love, Mom and Dad

Lanny said...

See... I knew I was saving the healthcare system money!

michie said...

Hey Ya'll,

Thanks for being such good sports!

I had several people msg or call me to ask if I was alright. Hehehe. Sorry. Yes, it was an elaborate April Fool's Joke.

Those pictures were taken when I wiped out a few years ago on the practice run for 24 Hours of Adrenaline in Canmore. You can see that I've got 6 stitches in my arm there (I didn't bother to show the 3 stitches I had in my knee).

So I got ya good! Although I didn't really enjoy causing such alarm in people. OH well. The deed is done.

Cheers!
m