Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Dentist

This Far Side cartoon is funny because we've ALL been there.

I'm truly an anti-dentite. I dated a dentist once... At one point I even let him work on my teeth. I was used to a female dentist, so his huge hands made for a very very long and excruciating visit.

I've had way too many excruciating visits, so I hate the dentist with good reason.

You'd think that maybe laughing gas would help. Not. They overdosed me on the stuff once... NO ONE was laughing when they had to suction the puke out of my mouth.

Good times. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rosie said...

LAst two years I think i singlehandedly supported my dentist. Root canal, which when they were disinfecting my hollowed out shell of a tooth the rubber dam started leaking and bleach went up my nose and back down my throat and into my airways, and i was choking and gagging for half an hour.

Then when they were capping my two front teeth, i kept falling asleep in the chair and I think the dentist wanted to throttle me. I am the only person who could fall asleep in a dentist chair I think. No need for laughing gas for me!

Anonymous said...

you haven't had a bad experience at the dentist - unless you've been molested while on the gas!

michie said...

Are you speaking from experience?

Man, the sound of the drill makes me CRINGE in me booties. Perhaps a little molestation would be preferable to the usual way of getting drilled.

Hehe, just kidding!!!

Geez.

If he's real cute though...

C'mon, THAT was a joke too!

It's been a while since I saw the dentist come to think of it. He was kind of cute too...

OH boy, I should quit before I start talking about cavities that need filling...

Ok, I'm done. It's late. Joking is officially CALLED OFF.

Bye.