Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I can see your underwear!!!


Why do kids laugh when they see someone's underwear? And why is it funny for kids to see it, but with adults it's cool to have it showing out the top'o the pants? Apparently it's not so cool for girls to have their thong showing above low-rider jeans. I don't know... Guys? Is that hot? One thing that's not so hot to have showing is pantylines. Even Oprah says that's not cool.

Panties is a funny word... It makes me want to sing, "You're wearing panties, na na na na na!!!" Maybe that's what kids are laughing at, the word itself... And what about gonch? GONCH??? As if underwear isn't already weird and embarrassing enough, they have to call it panties and gonch!!!

And then of course, there's always the option to go commando. I started doing it when I was a little girl. One day my parents noticed and asked me why I wasn't wearing undies. I explained that I didn't want the other kids to see it and make fun of me... Guess it seemed like an easy solution in my little girl-brain. I've always wondered why it's so rude to go sans panties though. Grandmas the world over are collectively gasping at the thought. Commando is a big no-no. It means you're a ho, no? However, my friend's grandma told her to go without underwear while sleeping because she needed to "let her bum breathe." So ok at night but not during the day?

Going commando has it's advantages. It can save you lots of money on buying and washing skivies. And apparently even commandos go commando... "going without can increase ventilation and reduce moisture in a soldier's battle dress uniform, which in turn can minimize his chances of getting a rash or crotch rot, a fungal infection of the groin."

Croth rot? Yikes. Sounds like a good reason to shed the shorts! Just please, be careful zipping up!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: