Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm Okay!!!

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm okay. I wasn't incarcerated or held for a psych evaluation or anything since my last post.

I'm workin' on some material... however things have been too busy lately for me to focus and finish any... so in the meantime, I will leave you with another of the cartoons I've been enjoying from that Mark Parisi guy. Topic for discussion: How many times can a product be "new and improved" anyways? And how bad was the original product in the first place? If I was an inventor, should I purposely put out the worst product first so that I can put out 'improved' versions later? And who tastes pet foods? Animals must be used, but they can't tell the R&D people what's wrong with the product. Like, does it need more salt or does it taste like bad fish? Geez, I'd hate to be on the sensory evaluation panel for that one!

Discuss amongst yourselves.


5 comments:

deejinator said...

I've been told that it goes well with red wine. Although, after seeing that my cat is eating "Ocean Fish" and "Savory Salmon" and "Seafood and Shrimp", I think she may eat better than I do.

Deej

michie said...

Actually, the organic sardine cat food I give to my little ones as a treat doesn't look that much different than the Brunswick Seafood Snack sardines that I eat.

In North America, I think our pets eat a lot better than most people do in the rest of the world. Sad.

Don't you think the Beef Chunky Soup smells like pet food??? I'm sure there's similar ingredients!

Rosie said...

As someone who has worked at a campbell's soup factory, I assure you, the stuff going into the soup is far removed from what goes into pet food. But I guess if you're not into that beefy goodness, it might all smell the same.

The town I lived in for part of high school was close to another town called Rothsay, which was famous in the area for its animal rendering facilities. A truck would drive around the country picking up roadkill (at least that was the rumour, I had always believed it to be true) and take it to the rothsay plant. The plant coincidentally had a "purina" sign in front. :P

Al said...

The "ORGANIC sardine cat food I give to my little ones----". Someone is going to charge you with animal cruelty. No wonder one of your cats protests by using your bed as a bathroom!!!! If you want to eat that E. coli infested ORGANIC stuff, fine. But to force feed it to a confined god's earth creature is just toooo much!

michie said...

I wasn't feeding them spinach...