Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tis the season to eat, drink... and eat and drink some more!

I just got back from my boss's Christmas party. Tell me how it's a good thing to have a lunch for a Christmas party, and order two bottles of wine? I'm all FOR the wine drinking, don't get me wrong. However, I'm not sure how productive the writing will be for the rest of the afternoon.

I'm just pouring myself a nice cup of coffee right now, extra strength, extra tall. It must jolt me back into consciousness. Or maybe I should have a quick nap and then get at it? Wine plus TONNES of food isn't the best combo for concentration.

Ah, I don' t need to be dead sober to write a thesis. In fact, if I'm a little tipsy over the next couple of months, it may open the waterfalls of creativity. I'll be so much more relaxed... and well, the computer can take care of any typos, right? After all, it knows how to spell peroxisome and triacylglycerol. Yeah.

My body is officially primed for the season of indulgence. I'd better bring my fat jeans along for the New Year's party. Good Lord. That doctor on Oprah said most people only gain a pound at Christmas. What the? I'm wondering what population was sampled for that study? To gain ONLY a pound? Not possible.

Woops, I just spilled coffee grounds all over the kitchen floor. Yep, this is going to be a stellar afternoon folks. Stellar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not 'fat jeans'. They're called 'comfy pants'

deejinator said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I normally lose weight during the holidays. I think it has to do with a overload of sweets the first week and a revulsion to them the rest of the season.

Besides, fi you are happy, who cares about a couple of extra pounds?

Deej

michie said...

Thanks for the tip. I've already had 3 truffles and 3 cookies today... time for some more methinks.

C'mon, it's all for the weight loss!