Sunday, December 03, 2006

Michie and the Manbashers

Deneen was in town the other night, so her and Marilyn and I went out for a girl's night. Seeing as how we were all dating people the last time we went out -and ALL of our budding relationships fell flat- I thought for sure it was going to be a night of bashing the opposite sex into an unrecognizable pulp. Surprisingly, it didn't even come up. There were no tears in our beer and no plans of slashing tires or grenading anyone's house. Perhaps we had better things to talk about? It was actually kind of cool and refreshing (that sounded like a gum commercial, or perhaps an ad for menthol body lotion... brrr!) Anyways, I'm sure it helped that we went to Tony's Pizza Palace for my FAVE food. YUM. Pizza always quells the achings of the heart... While building on the expanses of the buttocks. Ah well, that's inconsequential because no one will be seeing us naked for a while anyways! Mmm piiiizzzzaaaaa.

After all that, we can't start our band: Michie and the Manbashers. There may not be enough hatred behind us to get that kind of angst chick band off the ground. Besides, the only instrument I play very well is the triangle, and I can't remember the last time I saw a triangle player in a punk band. This means that if we want to be famous, we'll have to go back to our original idea: a reality TV series. Y'see, a while ago we'd entered one of those home lottery things and said that if we won it, we'd all have to live there. Then we'd have cameras film the lives of us 30-something girls in the bustling metropolis of E-town. The only problem was that our lives seem to be much less exciting than Carrie and the gang on Sex and the City... Therefore, we'd have to call it something like Celibacy and the City. And well, who would wanna watch that? Face it, if reality TV is too much like reality, no one tunes in! People want to see a freak show. Oh c'mon, my life can be crazy sometimes, but a freak show? At least on my blog I can reveal the freak in small doses, and only what and when I feel like it. Documentation on camera would NOT be cool. Except sometimes. Sometimes I'd like to rewind that tape and watch it for a good laugh. Hahahahahaaa. Ahem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If there's Tony's pizza - I'm in for the bad TV.

michie said...

Have you had Tony's? It is soooooo goooooood. Mmm, I'm hungry. Damn those late night pizza commercials!