Sunday, January 22, 2006

Jen's got the Jiggy

I had a meeting with my supervisor an hour before the post-xmas party on Friday. His first words were: Do you want wine or beer? Haha. Somehow it’s almost impossible for me, having the hazardous rubber arm that I do, to say no to free booze. I have a similar problem with food, so those parties that have free food and booze are usually a bit messy.

So that’s how Friday night began… 3pm and a couple of glasses of vino. The party was great. I had my “I’m drunk but can conduct a conversation soberly” gameface expertly in play. Besides the odd witty interjection to the conversation, no one could tell I’d had several glasses of the ol’ Chianti.

When we went out dancing afterwards, I was pleasantly surprised that Jen was to be the entertainment for the evening, and not myself. I quite enjoyed her watching her gettin’ jiggy with it. I think I need to start taking those hiphop classes with her, cuz my grooves definitely need some ‘freshening up.’ You can only do the ‘repetitive vertical punk jump’ interspersed between the ‘side-to-side junior high shuffle’ to so many songs and then you’ve got to branch out a bit. On the other hand, she seemed carefully choreographed as she skilfully ripped out dance moves time and time again in an effortless display that made me look like someone took off the taped-up glasses, combed out the curly hair, threw some mascara on and dressed up nerd girl for her first night out dancing, ever. Whereas her repertoire was so impressive! I think I spotted the kick’n twist, an assortment of waves and glides and of course the twist-o-flex, just to name a few. She may have even pulled out
some of those moves from that Albert guy on Hitch- “Do the Q-tip! Q-tip! Now throw it away! Now what am I doing? I'm makin’ a pizza!

The only problem I had was in-between the band’s sets. I like dance music, but find Tiffany a bit hard to choke down. Sorry, Jen, I had to take the escape route on that one.

2 comments:

Jensies said...

What?!? No love for the Tiffany?!? You're totally whack. You can pull some of the most killer dance moves with that one! "Running just as fast as we can" gives you ample opportunity for the running man. "Holding on to one another's hands" - grab the hand of whomever's closest ... you might make a friend! "You put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground" - now this one is gold. You give yourself a BIIIIG hug and then do the twist down to the floor like a caterpiller. Hellooooo ... when is that NOT cool?!? .... This may be the reason my boyfriend doesn't take me out .... I don't know if I'm so much jiggy as SO ridiculously uncoordinated that all my twists, turns, bops, and hip thrusts actually meld into some kind of discernable movement SEEMINGLY coordinated ... but alas no. Anyhoo, thanks for the laugh (as usual). By the way, the day after that concert - my neck hasn't hurt like that in ages! It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

michie said...

Geez, now that you put it THAT way, I guess Tiffany IS COOL. What was I thinking?

You are definitely invited out to any dance party I'm throwing Jen! Just wait till I show that video from the Whistler Halloween dance party. Wah ha ha ha!!!

You kill me.