Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Dr. Meathead

No dance party for me today. I have to meet with my boss.

Did you hear the one about the shit and the fan??? I don't recommend the two together.

You can just call me Dr. Meathead.

Even though I haven't earned my PhD yet, I've certainly earned an honorary doctorate in Stupidology.






Backstory: A friend of mine has called me 'meathead' for years, and now he says he's going to start calling me 'Dr. Meathead'. Somehow it suits.

Update: My meeting went reasonably well, considering.

A prof I know told me the other day that PhDs are especially tough in the home stretch. He said that having the degree tells people you've been to hell and survived and that it builds character. Yikes. I generally like trips to hot places, but I didn't sign up for that one!!!! And character? Who needs THAT these days??? Sheesh.

Oh well.

It's not easy being a meathead.


1 comment:

Al said...

And you almost a vegetarian. Ain't metabolism wonderful!