I bet my old roomie Flo was pissed when another American won the Tour de France.
I bet he’s also shaking his head now that Landis tested positive for synthetic testosterone. “I KNEW it, I KNEW it!!!” I can hear him exclaiming now, at least that would be the English part and it would be undoubtedly be followed by a stream of French expletives.
I saw Landis on Leno yesterday (the rerun of it on Star) and he had a zillion explanations for what could have happened.
However, Sonic newscaster Kory Reid said it best, “Maybe he unknowingly injected himself with something that caused him to test positive, like… synthetic testosterone.”
One thing is sure, someone screwed up. We all make mistakes, but that was a booboo of collossal proportions. Metabolism is a tricky thing... Sometimes we underestimate the time it takes for a foreign substance to clear the body. Sorry buddy. I'm not sure how your lawyers can argue against the science.
Uh, but can you give me their contact info? ... I may need them for my PhD defense!!!
Update: I read an interesting commentary on this thing at JohnBerardi.com. If you're actually interested...

7 comments:
I told ya I told ya!!!!!!!
to know the anonymous dude there is a picture of him in a dark green Tee trying to drink some very tasty vietnamese snake wine... At least you guys can't hear my sexy accent on the picture !!!!!
Hope you all going great
FLO
Hey FLO!!!! I knew it I knew you'd say that! I'm so happy you finally made an appearance!
I'm surprised you'd admit to being in that picture, hahaha. If you're wondering what he's talking about... go to Goofy Faces (The Sequel). Haha. I love the pic of the guy in the green t-shirt!
I find it both hard to get information and to think that people are that stupid. On Leno it came out that he had tested negative many previous times----when was the last time prior to his positive? Taking these things to benifit needs time and as you point out a fairly long clearance time. Did he think if he won he wouldn't be tested? Did he think taking it an hour before the competition would help? Would be nice if we actually got "info" from the news media.
okay, it's damned late and i dunno why i'm up... but i heart yer blog now that i've read most all yer entries.
i'll be back. yeah, that DOES sound like a threat. ya know what? bring it on.
don't like to wrastle? fine.. have a bunny,
(\/)
(O.o)
(> <)
check out my fuzziechads site on Monday if you want some fun.. other than that, you can keep the bunners.
cheers!
B
Good point Al, good point. It all seems fishy to me and I don't get it.
Hey there bronxbt!!! That is sooo nice of you to say:) I try to entertain ya'll and it's a big sacrifice... I lose a little of my own self pride each day for your amusement. Hahaha. Cheers and thanks for the bunny. I'll definitely come visit your blog sometime!
michie - thanks for swinging by. don't forget, i have 3 blogs too, so one is silly, one is artsy, and well.. the other is my normal retarded and somewhat abnormal rantings and such.
thought that winner was mad looking on my fuzzie site? har har, wait till you see Monday's (3) to choose from... yer gonna split a gut.
I'm sooper proud of my commentary per candidate, but then again, the criticism of my work in my head is normally 2 thumbs up.
giggle
take care!
B
Post a Comment