Sometimes it's funny what we believe when we're kids...
Those of us who hated tapioca as a child can love it now that we realize it's NOT made of fish eggs. Then some of us will go on to eat fish eggs anyways. Even though they taste like shite. Not me though. And I'm not strolling down the tapioca road too quickly either. Because even if it's not fish eggs, what the hell is it?
I heard someone ask me what Rice Krispies were made of. WTF? Uh, that would be... RICE?
When I was around 6 years old, someone told me that television wasn't real... It was all actors and the stories were fake. What!!!??? I went through every emotion possible! I was shocked, mad, confused, frustrated and then deflated. I could NOT fathom why people would want to watch something fake... Got over that pretty quick after that.
I was a scaredy kid. I did NOT have the guts to go to the washroom in the middle of the night without my brother. Then as soon the the toilet flushed we would make a break for it because snakes would come out of the toilet and chase us. We ran as fast as we could to the bed and leapt onto it and under the covers because monsters would try to grab ANYTHING that may linger near the bottom of the bed... and once under the covers you were safe of course. Seems like a lot of kids are afraid of things under the bed (hey Jen;).
And then there's music... I didn't 'get' some of the more risque lyrics when I was younger. Then years later I'm like, "Oh, so that's REALLY what that means!" (Geez, I can't think of an example right now! Um... rock you all night long?????? I'm pretty sure I had some idea what that meant as a kid. Oh well.)
I still refuse to swallow my chewing gum. Hey, I haven't seen proof that it doesn't stay in your stomach for 7 years!
My dad used to tell us that he was an "Indian" and he'd captured my mom from a wagon train. I think I was too young to comprehend (or dispute) that one but he had my older siblings going, especially when he skillfully threw the tomahawk into the tree.
I also believed that someday I'd grow up!!! Woops!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment